Alaska Thread >

Alaska Thread

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Alaska Thread

Old 03-03-2003, 11:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Alaska Thread

Good luck, don' t go breaking a hip old guy!
Old 03-04-2003, 10:19 AM

VBM--Legislature usually adjourns in late May--perhaps June if there are special sessions. I' ll keep my eyes out for you. Hey, looks like SEAK made you give him the fox-be-good stick. I was going to say, if I were him, I' d either take the stick from you, or start carrying a VBM-be-good stick. Hey, was your trapping successful?

Nimrod--so what' s the story with the farm implements?

SEAK--Well, you' ll have to wait for the crab, but maybe we could get Doc and Red and all go diving for scallops when you' re home next. Haven' t seen Bob for a while, so it ought to be fun. [>:][]
Old 03-04-2003, 11:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bob, thanks for keeping your head above water about the condo' s!

Yea, SEAK took the stick from me, guess he likes his knee caps unbruised. We had some tracks right over the top of our sets, but the 30-40 mph winds kind of blew them solid. We left them like they were, hoping they would dig down to the bait. Last time one of the reds dug about 6 feet down into the set, it looked like a den!

I plan to head out again tomorrow night and see if we got lucky. SEAK took his sweet arse time getting over here last night, so we didn' t get out until about 7:40. I plan to head out around 6pm and hopefully do some calling while it is still light out.
Old 03-04-2003, 12:52 PM

Nim - FYI, the " Fox-be-nice stick" is actualy a shovel handle, I am fully qualified to use one, as that is what I used to get the Pheasant last year!!

Juno grl - Looking forward to April, really would love to get scallops if time allows. By the way, whats up with letting Nim get away with the crab comment???? It must be that because of his age you feel the " respect your elders" thing your folks taught you applies here

VBM - I didn' t take my time getting over there, It was just taking time to get over my fears of you with the stick[>:]
Old 03-04-2003, 03:13 PM
Typical Buck

JUNO GRL- IF I DID THIS RIGHT THERE SHOULD BE A PICTURE WITH THIS. SHOWING THE SHOVEL GUY.
SEAK-IS JUST USING THE HANDLE LIKE USING A LONG BOW INSTEAD OF A COMPOUND IN THE FARM IMPLEMENT HUNTING CIRCLES ?

Old 03-04-2003, 03:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Se AK,

I might be down your way to film and play back up for a stickbow brownie hunt, it all depends on the work schedule.

Would like a whirl at black bears, not sure what will happen there.

Also if this job ends before the end of may I' ll be out guiding for blackies for a week or two, maybe longer if I can confience him I would like to get footage of bears and maybe get a go while they are pulling camp down......who knows there.

Then its back to fishing my arse off lol......oh need to tie a ton of flies up for myself finally. Tired of the commercial tying, no more for me for awhile.
Old 03-04-2003, 04:29 PM

VBM--Somebody has a big mouth! [&:] Hit him in the good knee for me! [>:]

SeAk--Respect my elders? Wouldn' t that mean I' d have to show you some measure of respect? [] Scallops would be great!

Nimrod--That picture clears a lot up. Jeez, some people have no pride!
Old 03-04-2003, 05:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

juno grl, you were the one that told me the BOB name, remember? That' s just the tip of the iceberg for SEAK, that is his firt traditional farm implement kill. He' s got a few more! I witnessed one of them, I will always have that image in my mind of SEAK doing the over the head axe swing with a shovel on that poor... sniff... defensless... sniff... sniff... I can' t go on.... wahhhhh whoo whoo whooo... bwahhhhhhhhh!!!
Old 03-04-2003, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Okay, maybe that was a little extreme.

His third trad farm equipment harvest was a red fox. Pretty crafty stalking technique, but it was rather disturbing to watch.
Old 03-04-2003, 05:30 PM

Hmm. I told you? [] He gave me the nickname. Rather unfairly, I think. If I told you, I must' ve been under truth serum at the time. Don' t even remember. But, no bobbing problems this weekend! In fact, I even helped pull Doc down when she started to bob.

Are shovels his specialty? Makes you wonder about his talents with a rake or spade, for example.

Quick Reply: Alaska Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.