Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
 Alaska Thread >

Alaska Thread

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Alaska Thread

Old 03-02-2003, 06:14 PM

Default RE: Alaska Thread

Phish - Bummer to miss you in May, hope you do well this year on the turkey!! I probably will have enough time to drop a linew for a king at least once. Kids are looking forward to the time back home!!! The only reason I don' t look like a pin cusion with hooks is that I use dull hooks, have to clean a lot less fish that way Just got a new 10/22 last time south, got the Stainless/Synthetic one, its lighter and the kids can handle it better. Now to find a good scope for it....

Lost - Good luck with the open water, hope you can arrow something!!

Lil - Your buddy must be fresh off the tour boat to freeze them with out cooking them, sorry for your loss.

VBM - You sacrilegious SOB, you are obviously as jealous as I am!! You don' t ask the Grl that we are trying to butter up to send us King Crab " did you manage to get crabs today?" You say nice things like..... Hey Juno Grl, hope you caught crabs today![>:]
Old 03-02-2003, 07:48 PM

Hello, Boys. Any questions?

Old 03-02-2003, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Is there a doctor in the house??? She' s got em bad![][][]

No questions, just a bit of rage and jealousy, but I' ll get over it.
Old 03-02-2003, 08:01 PM

She was with a Doc when she got them!!! And I have heard rumor that she even dropped some off around town. But I don' t see a shipping box in the pic! Guess she didn' t like our last comments.[][]

Old 03-02-2003, 08:27 PM

ABM/VBM & SEAK - You boys are really missing-out on the crab. Juno Grl got so many that she dropped half of one off so I could also rub it in how good they taste! (Now why would she want me to do that? LOL) I get the sense that when it comes to tossing salt in the wound, she knows how to do it just fine! Fresh King - both salmon and crab, boy do I feel spoiled!

SEAK - I put a 2.75 Redfield Widefield on my 10/22 after I got it up in Anchorage, but I swiped it off of the .22 to try on my turkey shotgun last Spring. I left the whole turkey set-up down in Oregon at my daughter' s place so I will have to think of something for hooters in the meantime.
Old 03-02-2003, 09:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, it was prime rib and shrimp for dinner tonight, so I think I' m over it.

That makes a guy want to move out of Alaska and buy a place to live in Juneau. Any condo' s for sale down there? Actually, it is an idea that my wife and I have been tossing around. Are there any condo complexes down in Juneau or Douglas?

juno grl, way to go on the king crab this weekend, too bad the season is over huh? [&:]
Old 03-03-2003, 11:48 AM

A/VBM--Alas, the king crab season is over, but apparently I neglected to mention that we got dungeness crab too....and the limit on those is 5 per day! So, don' t cry for us...we' ll still be eating crab. [>:]

There are several condo complex options in Juneau and Douglas. Actually, most of the condos are located on Douglas Island. (Officially " West Juneau." ) If you' re serious, and want me to keep an eye out for you, let me know! Usually more condos come available when the legislature leaves town.

SEAK--Sorry about the shipping boxes! But, hey, you said yourself that you only like fresh crab!

Phish--glad you enjoyed the crab! It was good to meet you!
Old 03-03-2003, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

When does the legislature leave town? We were looking at buying another condo in Fairbanks as a rental, but have been thinking about buying one somewhere else in the state, or just outside the state like Juneau , so we would have the option of moving there if job opportunities arrived. I talked to SEAK about prices of some of the condo' s, and after adding in mortgage plus dues, we might be interested in buying a home instead. If a condo pops up however, could you pass along the information?

Glad to hear you get to work the depths for dungeons still. We pulled some out of the water also and I thought the meat was very good as well, not quite king quality though.

SEAK and I are going to hit the traps tonight, hopefully I get to use the fox be good stick on something besides his good knee!
Old 03-03-2003, 08:56 PM

Juno grl - Well if I had the choice I prefer fresh, but I have never met a crab I didn' t like! But, just like VBM, the prime rib and shrimp sure went a long way towards making me forgive myself for not being home!!

Phish - I am going to start watching e-bay for a nice little lepold scope for the 10/22. I would love to have the 2 youngest shoot hooters this spring. Anyone got an extra they are looking at getting rid of???

Nim - Thanks for letting me shoot your bow the other night, enjoyed the company. Did you catch the fact that I removed Klarry' s broken arrow target to the trash? I wonder if he even knows the history there, maybe I should have talked to him about it a bit more. If you or Lost get the chance you may want to nudge him on it again. By the way, were there stitches involved last time?

VBM - I still get pain in that knee while running, do you think you could do me a favor and leave the other one alone?[:@] Ever wonder why I always carry the stick now days?

Lil - Next planned hunt??
Old 03-03-2003, 10:11 PM
Typical Buck

JUNO GRL - I ONCE HAD GIRL GIVE ME THE CRABS BUT I WAS NO WHERE NEAR AS HAPPY AS PHISH-ON WAS. [:' (][>:] ONLY KIDDING.
SE AK- HEY IT WAS GREAT HAVING MY CARTOON FRIENDS COME BY FOR DINNER AND SOME SHOOTING. YOU GUYS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME. YES THERE WERE MULTIPLE PIECES OF NYLON INVOLVED ... NO COTTON!
VBM- I' M NOT SURE SE AK IS QUALIFIED TO OPERATE THE FOX BE NICE STICK..IT' S NOT A FARM IMPLEMENT IS IT YOU KNOW HE IS A SHOVEL KINDA GUY[8D]
TIME TO GO PLAY RACQUETBALL WISH ME LUCK

Quick Reply: Alaska Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.