Alaska Thread >

Alaska Thread

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Alaska Thread

Old 02-27-2003, 09:27 PM

Default RE: Alaska Thread

Phish--I' m one building over.

ABM--You know, in retrospect, perhaps Vegas is a good place for you. You can wear cotton there without anyone laughing at you.

Lil--Dungeness crab have an enzyme in them that starts to break down the tissue immediately after death. That' s why they should be cooked live or immediately after killed. I imagine freezing stops the deterioration caused by the enzyme, but I don' t know--I' m not a biologist!

SEAK--My brother-in-law didn' t end up getting a goat. I guess he saw one late in the day, but taking it would' ve required him to go back up the next day--and since he had to leave on a flight first thing in the morning, he couldn' t do it. Wish you were here to go scuba diving with Red, the Doc, and me...have to chase those king crab on the last weekend! Oh well, we' ll toast you when we' re eating hot crab on the beach!

Old 02-27-2003, 10:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I might occasionally have a cotton t-shirt on in Vegas, but I think I' ll be bare assed with ice cube socks on most of the time.

Let me know if your knee ever hurts! [>:][>:][>:]
Old 02-27-2003, 11:22 PM

abm- yes i chose this name just for you guy' s who were witneses that day. and this is the only site ill use this handel on... no im not at work im home enjoying this snowless winter...

now, whats this about vegas? did you feel left out of the north slope motto of " catter to the out of stater" cant believe you would give in so easy... ill give partial blame to the new hick you hang out with...[]

i guess you can change your handel to DESERT RATT , DUST DEVIL, MAINGY YOTE or how about SIDEWINDER BLUES?????

seak- im glad that video footage keeps you happy.. at least it didnt make me famouse like the shovel video... isnt there also more video of your blunders floating around???? i think abm could make some serious $$$ with the fotage he gets of you rolling around the tundra

the lil rice eater is doing good these days shes still into everything...and fighting with mom...
Old 02-28-2003, 02:51 AM

lost arrow,

No, the " range" is just long enough for 100 yard shots. Speaking of the Isaac Walton club in Birchwood, I used to work there. Pretty cool place, learned alot from the shooters there. I haven' t been there in about two years or so now.

And late congrats on that drawing permit. LOL I' m hoping this will be the year I can draw a moose permit for the valley area.
Old 02-28-2003, 10:41 AM

I have heard that all crabs turned bad right after death if you don' t cook them. I know on Nunivak Island they bring cookers with them so the crabs are preserved right away.
Old 02-28-2003, 02:50 PM

Juno Grl - OK, you win, I can only dream of sitting on the beach eating hot, fresh king crab..... Please send pictures so I can cry!!! I know that pics would hurt ABM and Nim as well, they seem to have developed a taste for them a couple years ago!!

So, what other fishing/hunting seasons are people enjoying around the state right now?? I plan on taking the kids claming, dolly fishing, king fishing, grouse hunting and bear hunting in early May, anyone have anything scheduled before that?

Phish - First 12 days of May, first kings are showing around Juneau about then aren' t they?

Lost - Glad to hear the little one is doing well at keeping mom moving!! And no, you can' t use your bowfishing equipment for ducks.... Fedral law slows that down a bit!!
Old 02-28-2003, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lost, I figured that was why you made that handle. That was a fun day out, we should try and do that again this fall. I' ll do the video taping, you guys can do the hunting. Do you think you would of gotten better penetration with a heavier arrow? My handle will stay the same to protect my innocence. I won' t have the bow down in Vegas that often, just during the fall to head north to Oregon and chase elk, and maybe again in the spring and winter to hunt turkey and mountain lion. I' ll have to see what other trouble I can get into down there. I think during Christmas either this year or next year we are heading over to Virginia, so I plan to go bowfishing for stingray and do some whitetail and hog hunting while I' m there. Might as well make the best of it. Ol hickory dickory tommy had nothing to do with persuade me to move, this was a mutual decision made by my wife. Actually, it' s an investment into my early retirement, she' s gonna be my suga momma!

SEAK, you bet I have a craving for that king crab. Dang near makes a guy want to move out of Alaska down to Juneau and be able to get that every year! I' ve been telepathically flipping the bird to Juno Grl since I' m so jealous that she is out crabbing. Not sure what the details are yet for the spring, but we have our trip to Chitna planned and our dates set for the summer family caribou hunt. I' m hoping to get something together for bears.

You guys are going to hate me, but I totally forgot to bring up the black bear summer sausage. I even had it all wrapped up, but forgot it in the fridge when I left the house to catch the plane. Oh well, more for me... man that stuff is goooooood! I ate a three pound link with just a little help in two days along with a couple of cokes, a couple of beers and some cheese and crackers watching mid afternoon sesemi street and NHL with my daughter.
Old 02-28-2003, 04:47 PM
Typical Buck

ABM- IS SUMMER SAUSAGE PRE COOKED ? GRINDER DOES NOT GET RID OF " BUGS" I KNOW THEY HAVE HAD OUT BREAKS OF TRICINOSIS FROM BEAR JERKY. ALSO SHAME ON YOU FOR TRYING TO GET LOST ARROW TO BREAK THE LAW SHOOTING DUCKS, NO BARBED ARROWS ALLOWED.
" MUTUAL DECISION MADE BY MY WIFE" WOW SHE MUST HAVE BEEN THERE WHEN YOU WROTE THAT CAUSE THAT SURE ISN' T THE LINE WE HEAR WHEN WE ARE TAKING[:-][>:] AMAZING HOW MANY GUYS WEAR THE PANTS IN THE FAMILY ( WHEN THERE WIFE LOANS THEM TO THEM OR GIVES THEM PERMISSION TO WEAR THEM) SEAK , I' M SURE GLAD WE DON' T HAVE THAT PROBLEM.[][>:] OK ! OK ! DON' T ANY ONE GET THE PANTIES IN A KNOT I' M ONLY KIDDING[8D][]
I' M GOING DOWN TO SHOOT SOME FISH IN MAY WITH SULLY , IN MO. AND MAYBE LA. AND GOING TO GO TO THE BLACK WIDOW SHOOTING SCHOOL.....MAYBE I CAN GET RID OF MY SHOOTING LEFT THING. I WILL BE HOPEFULLY CHASING BEARS AND SHOOTING FISH HERE IN ALASKA BEFORE AND AFTER THE TRIP TO " AMERICA" .
LOST ARROW ARE YOU GOING TO THE GAME BOARD MEETINGS WITH ME NEXT WEEK END. I' M PLANNING ON BEING UP THERE FRIDAY-MONDAY.

HOPE EVERYONE HAS PLANS FOR THEY ABA BANQUET AND WE CAN SEE YOU THERE.
Old 02-28-2003, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nim, I took the bear meat into the processors for the sausage and they were familiar on dealing with it. I make my own caribou summer sausage, but because of the possibilities, I took it to the pro' s to do. I' ve sent more than 2 pounds through my system within the last week, and things are working like they should still.

I guess my mutual decision didn' t make it very far without being caught! I won' t mind living down there for a couple years, it' ll help me appreciate what I' ve got back home a lot more! We are both anxious to get down there, get done and get back, so we can start building our house and get settled down. We are looking at buying some rental property right now, so hopefully that will work out before we leave.

I wasn' t saying that lost should use barbed broadheads, just leave the line and reel attached to his bow. Kind of like a geared up string tracker with automatic recovery device.

SEAK and I are headed south tonight to re-set the trap line. I got 5 more traps sent up, so we should be able to cover a little more ground. I also brought up some urine, so that should help bring them in. It' s been a slow year, especially with the big rabies die off this last summer.

We' ll be out Saturday night to work on the ABA stuff. I' ll be at the meeting and some of the events Saturday the 15th, but I have to catch a plane to DC around 5pm, so I will miss the dinner. The wife and kid will be there with me, so I expect you all to be on your best behavior![&:]

Old 02-28-2003, 06:52 PM

VegasBowMan...I mean, ArcticBowMan....I thought I was sensing a little telephathic hostility this afternoon! Ah, well, if it makes it any better for you, we' ll add you in to our toast as we each take our first bite of the fresh succulent hot king crab. Hey, when you and SEAK are trapping tonight, beware of wolverines and killer ice falling off the truck, okay? Enjoy the next two days of work....I' m gonna play in the outdoors.

SeAk...I' ll try to remember to get pictures! Don' t let VBM hit you in the knee tonight!

Quick Reply: Alaska Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.