Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Is this breaking the law? >

Is this breaking the law?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Is this breaking the law?

Old 12-03-2008, 10:13 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: Is this breaking the law?

I am just curious, why are so many people worried about taking off thier orange when they get to thier stands? Deer are heavy on rods, which let them see better at night. Blaze orange will not show up well for them. More like a green. A person should be more worried about the UV given off by thier clothes than blaze orange.

Old 12-03-2008, 10:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

ORIGINAL: Nubby_Stalker

I'm an outlaw.
No...now you're being an ass.

The regulations in your state clearly state when and how orange can and must be worn....reguardless if you like it or not.

I never said you would get arrested but it is illegal either way....

.....and ya'll are soooo much the role models for younger kids by not wearing what the regs say and then bragging about it.

Just my .02

Section 4. Hunter Orange Clothing Requirements. (1) During the modern gun deer season, muzzle-loader season or the youth firearm season, a person hunting any species during daylight hours, and any person accompanying a hunter, shall display solid, unbroken hunter orange visible from all sides on the head, back and chest except when hunting waterfowl.

I don't know about you, but I don't continue hunting after I killed a deer. I have 2 tags, doe permit was filled in September, and now my buck permit. In KY, we are only allowed 1 deer per day anyway....so after a deer is shot, you are no longer hunting. Appears I am no longer an Outlaw.[&o]

It's cool to try and point out role models and all, but let's not accuse someone of poaching based off of laws you are unfamiliar with.

GMMAT, hands down one of the funniest pics I have seen since I joined here.

Tevor,you are mistaken,you can kill as many deer as you have tags for,unless it was changed just recently.AND,as long as you are still in the field,you are considered by the GW as still hunting.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:46 PM

ORIGINAL: TFOX

ORIGINAL: Nubby_Stalker

I'm an outlaw.
No...now you're being an ass.

The regulations in your state clearly state when and how orange can and must be worn....reguardless if you like it or not.

I never said you would get arrested but it is illegal either way....

.....and ya'll are soooo much the role models for younger kids by not wearing what the regs say and then bragging about it.

Just my .02

Section 4. Hunter Orange Clothing Requirements. (1) During the modern gun deer season, muzzle-loader season or the youth firearm season, a person hunting any species during daylight hours, and any person accompanying a hunter, shall display solid, unbroken hunter orange visible from all sides on the head, back and chest except when hunting waterfowl.

I don't know about you, but I don't continue hunting after I killed a deer. I have 2 tags, doe permit was filled in September, and now my buck permit. In KY, we are only allowed 1 deer per day anyway....so after a deer is shot, you are no longer hunting. Appears I am no longer an Outlaw.[&o]

It's cool to try and point out role models and all, but let's not accuse someone of poaching based off of laws you are unfamiliar with.

GMMAT, hands down one of the funniest pics I have seen since I joined here.

Tevor,you are mistaken,you can kill as many deer as you have tags for,unless it was changed just recently.AND,as long as you are still in the field,you are considered by the GW as still hunting.
Back to being an outlaw.[&o][8D]

Does having the truck 30-40 yards away constitute taking off hunter orange? This seems like pretty vague ruling....Just when can we take off the orange legally?

I didn't know we were allowed multiple on one day, interesting. Guess it was better for me to be backwards this way then vice versa. I won't ever have interest in killing more than one a day anyway though...getting one cleaned up and processed is enough work for one day.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

We have had some at deer camp come in with 3 or 4 on several occasions.They soon become camp (female dog)
Old 12-03-2008, 10:56 PM

LOL...I guess I was thinking turkeys, not sure why I thought that?[&:] I guess I carried that law over or something from the turkey regs.

Hunter Orange deal is a wash, and no one will be ticketed for it (taking it off for 3 minutes to snap some archery pics without it on) unless you have a prior history with the GW....from my experience, they are actually pretty cool guys. In hunting circles around here, they are portrayed as spies waiting to flock in and take your guns, trucks, and everything for tying your shoe wrong (why I started wearing rubber boots[8D])

You guys zone 1 or did the camp "cook" decide to burn all his tags the first day?! LOL

Old 12-04-2008, 01:08 AM
Banned

I got pulled over on the way to work tonight .... its against the law to drive over 65 mph and I was going 87 mph.

WTF ? Was I brekaing the law? I mean yeah, I was doing what the law says not to do but still ???

thats as exactly as ridiculous as the opening post isn't it JB ?

hunt without orange if you want to, you're breaking the law and you know it but its your choice
Old 12-04-2008, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know the back story to this poll, and frankly I don't care but I can point you to thread where a Bowhunter hunting in NY was bowhunting during gun season without orange, which I'm told is legal in NY. He was shot in the leg by a young hunter. Thankfully he lived. The point is: Legal or not IT'S PLAIN STUPID TO HUNT WITHOUT ORANGE WHEN GUN SEASON IS OPEN. PERIOD.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hypothetical situation for anyone.......

If you owned 2000 acres of land...and were the only one hunting it....would you still wear hunt orange?
Old 12-04-2008, 09:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

Wow, call me embarrassed as I voted in the poll thinking it was legit. Call me confused when I see a simple thread go to 10 pages, I figure there must be some drama being unfolded, little did I know I wasn't in on the joke and knew nothing about it. I still don't but I see this thread is pathetic and warnings implicated. Simply pathetic all around.[&:]