Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Is this breaking the law? >

Is this breaking the law?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Is this breaking the law?

Old 12-03-2008, 08:00 AM
New Sheriff

Default RE: Is this breaking the law?

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

One more...

That's the funniest damn thing I have ever seen.

Jeff, you could put an end to the debate. Maybe you answered his question and I missed it so I'll just come out and ask..

Were you wearing the required orange when you shot that deer?
Old 12-03-2008, 08:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Why is there a "law" thread in the "Bowhunting" forum. I'm offended.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:12 AM
Dominant Buck

Yes...

And:

1. Bow was at or exceeding legal draw weight
2. BH's exceeded required size
3. I had the required license to be able to be hunting
4. I had a tag for the animal taken
5. I was on land I had permission to be on
6. Deer was taken during leagal shooting hours
7. Animal was tagged promptly (reported, online)
8. Etc...Etc...Etc...

Yet I get called out in an open forum by a member who accuses me of being a poacher, a liar and for being B-Buddies with the local GW. There's got to be a breach of forum rules there, somewhere, huh?

I don't appreciate it one bit. I've had people here hunting with me from other states. When they harvest animals....I make sure I contact them to make sure they report their kills.

I do things right...and I didn't appreciate being called out. If it weren't so ridiculous, to me.....I would be angry.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:01 AM
New Sheriff

end of arguement
Old 12-03-2008, 09:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes...

And:

1. Bow was at or exceeding legal draw weight
2. BH's exceeded required size
3. I had the required license to be able to be hunting
4. I had a tag for the animal taken
5. I was on land I had permission to be on
6. Deer was taken during leagal shooting hours
7. Animal was tagged promptly (reported, online)
8. Etc...Etc...Etc...

Yet I get called out in an open forum by a member who accuses me of being a poacher, a liar and for being B-Buddies with the local GW. There's got to be a breach of forum rules there, somewhere, huh?

I don't appreciate it one bit. I've had people here hunting with me from other states. When they harvest animals....I make sure I contact them to make sure they report their kills.

I do things right...and I didn't appreciate being called out. If it weren't so ridiculous, to me.....I would be angry.
Ridiculous is right. You certainly seem to attract a crowd. Like the guys fishing the BASS tournaments. I'm not taking any pics wearing orange either, no matter when the deer was killed. I wear orange while going to and from the stand, when I'm there (completely enclosed wood box blind), it goes in my backpack. Come and arrest me. In IL, during the youth hunt in early Oct, orange is required for ALL hunters, youth or not. I didn't wear orange, forgot all about it to be honest. There is no bowhunting during gun season (dumbest rule in history) so its a non-issue really. People just need to poke sometimes I guess.

And what is a b-buddy?
Old 12-03-2008, 10:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Did you see him first or hear him? That's one of the funniest pictures I've seen on here.

No orange required in NY, but I wear an orange winter hat over my facemask so I don't get my head ripped off. The way things are going this year I'm thinking about wearing a pumpkin suit.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:20 AM
Fork Horn

I wouldnt be so much worried about breaking the law, Im more concerned about some idiot shooting me!!!!!!!! Wear orange. Theres too many unsafe people out there shooting at the first thing that moves

Old 12-03-2008, 11:38 AM

If it weren't so ridiculous, to me.....I would be angry.
Oh No, then what?

Old 12-03-2008, 12:01 PM
Dominant Buck

*JB*

With the defamatory allegations you slung my way....I'm betting there's a pretty good chance you've breached the rules of board conduct towards another member.

You called me a liar.
You called me a poacher.
You alleged I had B-buddy (and I'm assuming this isn't a compliment....but I guess I don't run in the circles you do to know what that is).

Not my style to run to a mod to have you banned. Your actions were so petty....that public humiliation is probably the best medicine you could recieve.

You've done a stellar job at that!

Old 12-03-2008, 12:20 PM

Based on a few PM's I have got, I am not in the minority here. Just one of the few who will actually publically say what most think about you.

If I get banned, so be it.

Quick Reply: Is this breaking the law?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.