Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 How do you control neighbors dogs?? >

How do you control neighbors dogs??

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How do you control neighbors dogs??

Old 09-10-2008, 09:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: How do you control neighbors dogs??

Look out your window Mr. A. See that black chopper? You are being monitored too[:@]
Old 09-10-2008, 10:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

your post, threads, pics have been sent to the Steuben County NY Sheriffs dept. Your posts have intent to commit cruelty to animals. I have saved your pictures onto my hard drive from your trail cam which has your name on them. There is enough information here for you to loose your hunting permit for a very long time. If you think I am joking I am not.
Perhaps you should read the post that you quoted more carefully.

Yeah I think I am going to file a complaint that the dogs came after me on my land. Then if I end up having to take the laws into my hands it will already be on record that they attacked meonce....and the next time tehy attacked me I had a gun with me....
I see no statement of intent to commit animal cruelty.What does stand out is:

"and the next time tehy attacked me I had a gun with me..."

He makes no direct mention of shooting any dogs,he only implies that if he is attacked and has a gun,he might use the gun in self defense.

Using a gun to kill an attacking dog is perfectly legal,and I am going to openly state right here that I would use a gun myself to defend myself if I was attacked by a dog.Feel free to send the sheriffs office my post as well.

If you are indeed silly enough to have forwarded this thread to the Sheriffs department,they are probably wondering if you have all of your faculties,and are hoping that you are going to go away and quit bothering them with this nonsense.

Old 09-10-2008, 10:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

The funny thing is that his actions could well cause the police to get the local animal control people involved. If that happens, most of those dogs will likely end up getting rounded up and gased down at the local dog pound. So, who is the dumass, here?
Old 09-10-2008, 10:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

The funny thing is that his actions could well cause the police to get the local animal control people involved. If that happens, most of those dogs will likely end up getting rounded up and gased down at the local dog pound. So, who is the dumass, here?
That is quite possible,and the more he annoys the police,the more likely it is to happen.If that happens,I sure hope that MJR10 thanks him.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:40 AM
Fork Horn

I always whip the dogs or shoot them with a paintball gun. I want to inflict pain on them without causing injury. Of course, this is with permission of their owner---he is quite reasonable. I don't blame him for not wanting to keep the dogs penned up and he doesn't blame me for running them off my land. A cold beer or glass of lemonade usually will keep 2 men from letting their testosterone get the best of their common sense and good judgement. Talking to the owner in a reasonable fashion works 90% of the time. And then --you have some DA's..........
Old 09-10-2008, 11:06 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Mr.A

ORIGINAL: MJR10

Yeah I think I am going to file a complaint that the dogs came after me on my land. Then if I end up having to take the laws into my hands it will already be on record that they attacked meonce....and the next time tehy attacked me I had a gun with me....

your post, threads, pics have been sent to the Steuben County NY Sheriffs dept. Your posts have intent to commit cruelty to animals. I have saved your pictures onto my hard drive from your trail cam which has your name on them. There is enough information here for you to loose your hunting permit for a very long time. If you think I am joking I am not.

ABAROFSOAP,

You also have put many images of yourself on this forum and the internet for people to see. We know you hunt on Long Island. For you to say you will kill someone's dog and write "just the begining" in blood on his porch is downright disturbing. We do not need anyone like you in the woods with a weapon in your hand. YOUR PROFILE, PICS AND POSTS HAVE BEEN SENT TO THE NASSAU AND SUFFOLK COUNTY SHERIFFS AND LOCAL NYS DEC.

Doesn't this violate some rule of the forum? Any moderators around?
Old 09-10-2008, 11:55 AM

Your posts have intent to commit cruelty to animals.
And where is intent, without action, enough to convict someone of a crime? Is intent to commit cruelty to animals a crime?

If that happens, most of those dogs will likely end up getting rounded up and gased down at the local dog pound
Probably a better alternative than the hunter taking matters into his own hand.

This is an instance where it has been established that they are a nuisance and the owners won't do anything about it. Sometimes special circumstances require special measures.
Then sue the dog owners in tort for nuisance. In reality, doesn't it look like shooting the dogs results in the hunter being exposed to criminal and civil liability? When, as an alternative, the hunter/landowner could sue his neighbors?Either he can killthem and be sued (maybe successfully, maybenot) or he could decide not to shoot them and do the suing himself?(again, maybesuccessfully, maybe not).

Old 09-10-2008, 12:06 PM

Doesn't this violate some rule of the forum?
Mr. A has made two posts and joined today. Idon't thinka ban from HNI will mean much to him.

Moral of the story: It's a public forum. And if you are going to say "I wouldkill the dog and write with it's blood" before youhit that little"OK" button, you should considerthepotential audience.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

Tort suits are not needed if someone is in their legal rights to shoot nuisance animals. If he has called in complaints and identifies them as a threat to people and property, and still nothing is done, then his bases are covered.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:12 PM

But you can't just shoot trespassing livestock that are presumably doing REAL damage to property...why would the law allow you to shoot a dog that isn't doingreal, quantifiable damage?

This is why we have the court system...tosettle disputes peacefully. (andto make theattorneys rich. )

My ultimate point here is to demonstrate that, at least in Missouri, shooting the dog (another person's property) results in tort liability. If you don't want to be sued for shooting Fluffy, don't shoot Fluffy.

Quick Reply: How do you control neighbors dogs??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.