Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 How do you control neighbors dogs?? >

How do you control neighbors dogs??

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How do you control neighbors dogs??

Old 09-05-2008, 11:36 AM
Fork Horn

Default How do you control neighbors dogs??

I am having issues with my neighbors keeping their dogs home. There are tracks all over, I have multiple trail cam pictures of them, seen them in person on my land, had them cited by the dog warden, sent them a certified letter with pictures of their dogs on my land stating it needed to come to an end.

I have finally had it. I have done everything except thinthe dog populationout myself. These people are trash. They have 20+ dogs that are still breeding each other. Seems like new puppies everyday.

Anyone have a clue what I can do to take care of the problem?? I approached the owner and had him quivering and it was all I could do from swatting him. I need some ideas…
Old 09-05-2008, 11:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: How do you control neighbors dogs??

Sounds like you have bent over backwards to deal with things. I would dig a very big hole in the middle of my property and start filling it with dogs.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:39 AM
Fork Horn

call your local aspca and report it. if the dogs are not liscened they can be taken.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:45 AM
Kid
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

Sounds like you have bent over backwards to deal with things. I would dig a very big hole in the middle of my property and start filling it with dogs.
Exactly! SHOOT, SHOVEL, SHUT UP!
Old 09-05-2008, 11:53 AM
Fork Horn

antifreeze and hamburger?
Old 09-05-2008, 12:03 PM
Typical Buck

It isn't the dogs fault the owners are morons. Call the local authorities and let them take care of it.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm always amazed at folks who suggest using poison. It is indiscriminate and illegal.

The angle I would use would be rabies vaccinations. In Texas you are required by law to have your dogs and cats vaccinated against rabies. From the sounds of it those folks have a bunch of dogs that aren't up on their vaccinations.

On February 27, 2003, the Texas Board of Health approved amendments to Texas Administrative Code Ch. 169, Rabies Control and Eradication. The rabies vaccination schedule will still require that dogs and cats be
[ul][*]vaccinated against rabies by 4 months of age and[*]be given a booster one year after the initial vaccination. [/ul]
Following these first 2 vaccinations, dog & cats can be vaccinated at either 1-year or 3-year intervals, depending on the type of rabies vaccine used. Local ordinances may have more stringent requirements.
Not sure what the penalties are for not complying though.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I too live in Texas in a county that has a leash law (your dog has to be on a leash). This is how they are controlled on my property!!!!!!!!!!!! No, for real!!!!

Old 09-05-2008, 12:22 PM
Typical Buck

I am sure you know the best way to take care of the problem. Just do it and dont tell a soul about it..
Old 09-05-2008, 12:29 PM

I had a friend with the same problem. The neighbor let their hound run his woods at will. Every time he was on his deer stand the dog would come running by. He did all he could do to ask the owner to keep his dog at home, but he was ignored. So one day, he took things in his own hands and solved the dog problem. His only mistake was he left the evidence where it could be found. As it turned out he ended up in more trouble than it was worth. So if you do decide to thin the dog population, be SURE no one ever knows.

Quick Reply: How do you control neighbors dogs??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.