Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 How do you control neighbors dogs?? >

How do you control neighbors dogs??

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How do you control neighbors dogs??

Old 09-09-2008, 05:40 PM

Default RE: How do you control neighbors dogs??

^LOL
Old 09-10-2008, 06:33 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: MJR10

Yeah I think I am going to file a complaint that the dogs came after me on my land. Then if I end up having to take the laws into my hands it will already be on record that they attacked meonce....and the next time tehy attacked me I had a gun with me....

Old 09-10-2008, 08:19 AM
Typical Buck

Some of you guys are rediculously ignorant andselfish. Shoot them? Poison them? If killing a deer is THAT important that you have to kill a dog that knows he's doing no wrong, you have way worse issues to deal with. Do it humanely and atleast send them to the pound where they have a chance for adoption from somebody responsible before they die.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Some of you guys are rediculously ignorant andselfish. Shoot them? Poison them? If killing a deer is THAT important that you have to kill a dog that knows he's doing no wrong, you have way worse issues to deal with. Do it humanely and atleast send them to the pound where they have a chance for adoption from somebody responsible before they die.
Read the very first post.

They have 20+ dogs that are still breeding each other.
If a person has 20+ dogs running free,it is almost certain that he really doesn't care for the dogs properly.They most likely aren't even fed properly,let alone get their shots and vet care.In those cases a quick death by shooting is more humane than letting them live their current life.

As for catching them and taking them to the pound,are you going to risk getting bitten by a dog that likely hasn't even had it's shots while trying to catch and transport it?
Old 09-10-2008, 08:40 AM

You really need to find out what the laws are in your area, not take advice from a bunch of people on the internet.
The best response so far.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:00 AM

The issue appears to be settled law in Missouri - see court's language below. Furthermore, in the first two cases I found, one dogowner was awarded $4,000in damages and another was awarded $1500.I don't know about you, butthat's enough$$$ for me tothink long and hard before shooting a dog.

In one of the cases,thedog ownerhad five dogs that chased coyotes onto the neighbor's property. The neighbor/farmer/livestock owner shot them...and would up with a judgment against him.

From Mo. courts -
No one has the right to shoot a dog on his property merely for being there when the dog is not threatening imminent danger to the person's property. Mo. Rev. Stat. 273.030

In Missouri dogs are property and no one has a right to kill or harm them except for just cause. Gerhart v. City of St. Louis.[and how often is a courtgoing to find that killing a dog because it is interfering with your hunting is "just cause"?]

Moreover, no one has the right to kill a dog because it is found on his land when threatening no immediate danger to his property. Reed v. Goldneck
Old 09-10-2008, 09:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

From Mo. courts -
No one has the right to shoot a dog on his property merely for being there when the dog is not threatening imminent danger to the person's property. Mo. Rev. Stat. 273.030

In Missouri dogs are property and no one has a right to kill or harm them except for just cause. Gerhart v. City of St. Louis.[and how often is a courtgoing to find that killing a dog because it is interfering with your hunting is "just cause"?]

Moreover, no one has the right to kill a dog because it is found on his land when threatening no immediate danger to his property. Reed v. Goldneck
Which is why you file reports of being attacked or chased by the dogs.After several such complaints,you have built up a case for self defense.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

I dont think that most folks here are arguing that one should shoot dogs just for running onto someone's property. This is an instance where it has been established that they are a nuisance and the owners won't do anything about it. Sometimes special circumstances require special measures.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:31 AM

ORIGINAL: MJR10

Yeah I think I am going to file a complaint that the dogs came after me on my land. Then if I end up having to take the laws into my hands it will already be on record that they attacked meonce....and the next time tehy attacked me I had a gun with me....

your post, threads, pics have been sent to the Steuben County NY Sheriffs dept. Your posts have intent to commit cruelty to animals. I have saved your pictures onto my hard drive from your trail cam which has your name on them. There is enough information here for you to loose your hunting permit for a very long time. If you think I am joking I am not.

ABAROFSOAP,

You also have put many images of yourself on this forum and the internet for people to see. We know you hunt on Long Island. For you to say you will kill someone's dog and write "just the begining" in blood on his porch is downright disturbing. We do not need anyone like you in the woods with a weapon in your hand. YOUR PROFILE, PICS AND POSTS HAVE BEEN SENT TO THE NASSAU AND SUFFOLK COUNTY SHERIFFS AND LOCAL NYS DEC.

Old 09-10-2008, 09:34 AM

another pic with your name for more evidence. you people are about as smart as a salt lick

Quick Reply: How do you control neighbors dogs??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.