Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 How do you control neighbors dogs?? >

How do you control neighbors dogs??

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How do you control neighbors dogs??

Old 09-10-2008, 12:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: How do you control neighbors dogs??

I think that in some areas one can shoot tresspassing livestock that is damaging property and you sure as hell can if you feel you are endangered by it. I guess its a matter of personal perspective. If i shoot someone who intrudes into my home and i feel is a threat to me and my propery, i might get sued. But they are still gonna get shot instead of me letting them run loose and then going running to a lawyer[:@]
Old 09-10-2008, 12:23 PM

a) Maybe it's because I grew up ona farm, but I don't feel particularly endangered by trespassing livestock. (And I have yet to encounter trespassing livestock while I have been armed...[&:])

b) There probably are jurisdictions that allow a landowner to shoot trespassing livestock.

c)This is a property dispute - neighbor's dog (property) on hunter's land (property). I've never said he couldn't shoot the dog out of self-defense. But is it really self-defense if you shoot them from a tree stand?

Let me reiterate - the shoot, shovel and shut mentality might work. But you might also get sued...over shooting a dog... Is it worth it? Ask the guys that had judgments of $4000 and $1500 against them.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:26 PM

If i shoot someone who intrudes into my home and i feel is a threat to me and my propery, i might get sued. But they are still gonna get shot instead of me letting them run loose and then going running to a lawyer[:@]
Either way, you'll need a lawyer. I'm only an email away...
Old 09-10-2008, 12:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

I think that if you read his originally post, its a bit more of a problem than just seeing them while in his stand hunting. I grew up out in the sticks too, and know of a number of occasions when folks shot dogs that were killing their chickens or attacking their pets. And like i said, lots of folks do lots of things that might get them sued.Hell if i let fear of lawsuits run my life, i wouldnt have even got out of bed this morning.

Oh, you're a lawyer. That explains everything[8D]
Old 09-10-2008, 12:39 PM

Oh, you're a lawyer. That explains everything[8D]
Except for the good looks and charm.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:41 PM
Fork Horn

some of these posts are truly unreal. If you decide to shoot a dog or any other pet you should not only think about your legal ramifications but you should also think about the huge black eye you will give to hunting and hunters in your area.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

You're real name isn't Nathan Thurm is it?

Old 09-10-2008, 12:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

some of these posts are truly unreal. If you decide to shoot a dog or any other pet you should not only think about your legal ramifications but you should also think about the huge black eye you will give to hunting and hunters in your area.
And if the person has 20+ dogs running loose,the area residents may be grateful that someone is finally doing something about it.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:58 PM

And if the person has 20+ dogs running loose,the area residents may be grateful that someone is finally doing something about it.
Maybe the same area residents would be equally grateful if the same person (AHA!) sued the dog owner! If the area residents care that much and are being bothered that much...the law provides a remedy.

You're real name isn't Nathan Thurm is it?
BUSTED!
Old 09-10-2008, 01:01 PM
ogg
Fork Horn

i say peanut butter coated land mines.

Quick Reply: How do you control neighbors dogs??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.