Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
 Alaska Thread >

Alaska Thread

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Alaska Thread

Old 11-24-2003, 01:53 AM

Default RE: Alaska Thread

VBM - Man you had it going on there for a while, but then you had to go and call Juno Girl " too greedy with it like my dad" . She said " Hmph" and asked where you were staying when you came down in May, then she said something about riding in HER boat... wasn' t quite sure " how the *%$& does that work" when I heard her saying HER boat, she can spend her $ on MY boat, but " HER" boat?????!!!

Phish - Nice talking to you and Brenda the other night, Juno Grl said she wants a heater like yours now. How am I supposed to get her to pay for boat fuel if she is off running around the country side buying heaters and other unneccesary creature features. For heavens sake, I had to go get her a sweat shirt to shut her up about the heater. Barely got by on that one!!

Got the new boat in the other night, more than I was expecting!! Taking John and Juno Grl out deer hunting on Tuesday. Can' t wait to try it out! Talked to Mike the other day, he said no problem with having the big boat ready for May, even if it does need a new engine.

Well Juno Grl is done wrapping her own Christmas present from me, so I best go act like I am in love with her for a while before I go get in bed. BTW, she is sleeping on the couch tonight![>:] Teach her to come up with these ideas of spending her hard earned $ on something besides my boat!!
Old 11-24-2003, 02:14 AM

Seak. What a dork. Don' t believe anything he says. He adores me and would be lost without me.

Let' s see...things he didn' t bother to tell you:
1. He wrote his message from my computer from my house after eating the dinner I paid for and made for him and his three children (that' ll just about be enough of the " my" boat stuff from him.);
2. While we' re on the subject...about HIS boat. He woke me up at 1:30 a.m., smelling like an ashtray from a local pub after he had a bloody nose, a ripped shirt, and a visit with the cops during his brother' s bachelor party....just to tell me to go back to sleep (" how the #$%^ does that work?" ) When I offered to go to the ferry terminal with him to pick up HIS boat, he said " No, no, honey, go back to sleep." (Yeah, right.) So, I graciously go to the ferry terminal with him to get HIS boat......get back home about 4:00 (oh, and by the way.....I had to go to work in the morning). And, the next day, he admits that he woke me up because he hoped I' d go to the ferry with him. Well, alrighty, then.
3. Okay, he was right about me sleeping on the couch. That' s true. But, that would be because his daughter has strep throat and is sleeping in my bed. He and the boys are ALL sleeping in beds as well. I' m the only one without a bed at present. AND, I' m the only one paying the damn mortgage! But that' s okay, it is HIS boat.

Don' t mess with me Tombo. []

By the way, Jerry, the phone number for the Baranof hotel is 586-2660. I hear the rates at all hotels are pretty high starting in May. Tourist season you know. Too bad, bucko.

Old 11-24-2003, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Now now kids, we can make this easy and just make it MY boat. Glad you got it in finally! Good luck out deer hunting, wish I could go.

Juno, I didn' t realize you were snooping on Phish and my conversation. I was just kidden about you guys being greedy, really... I swear... still friends? Sounds like you' re running a hotel anyway! I hope Wendy gets better, I' ve been stuffed up for a few days as well and it ain' t no fun.

SEAK, we all know who' s boat it is. Can' t we all just get along? What are you doing galavanting around town and getting in trouble with the cops? Is Greg that bad of an influence on you, or is it his friends? I' m real curious to know if Marty went along, or is that a dead issue? Glad to hear Mike is going to get the boat fixed up by May, it would get awful crowded in that little skiff!

What did you guys do with all the meat to be ground? Are you going to take it to the processors or do it up yourselves?

Gotta get the little one to class, she' s been yelling at us all weekend that she wants to go play with kids. Now it' s daddies time to play with... nevermind. And I do know " how the #$%^ does that work?" )
Old 11-24-2003, 11:55 PM

VBM - May, huh? That could work out pretty well for you. The boat should be back in the water at the end of March. Which direction are you going when you leave here in May - north or south? (I just want to make sure your family gets to eat some of the fish and it isn' t all going north " never to return" !)
Old 11-25-2003, 01:23 AM

VBM - The meat all got ground on Sunday with the 2 healthy kids. Made about 70 sausage links an had about 6 lbs left when we ran out of scaines. Had some of the left over for breakfast this morning it was great. Thanks again buddy, appriciate the meat. As far as Greg is concerned, it had something to do with putting a ball and chain around his ankle just when the cops were driving past. Good timing! Marty left deer hunting for a week the day before the party so that never had a chance of becoming an issue.

Phish - Are you going to be around town between Christmas and new years? We could set up a day then to get out. I will be mostly hanging around at Juno' s place as she will still be recovering from her second surgery, but I know she will be game for me to get out one day to see if we can put some more meat in her freezer.
Old 11-25-2003, 09:36 AM
Typical Buck

SEAK AND ABM- MAN I THOUGHT YOU GUYS WERE SMARTER THAN THAT! ... SILLY ME I DON' T HAVE A CLUE WHY I WOULD HAVE EVER THOUGHT THAT[:-][>:]..MAN DON' T BE RUFFLING THE LITTLE LADIES FEATHERS []....THEY NEVER FORGET YOU KNOW [&:][>:]
WELL I' M BACK FROM MY ANNUAL " AMERICA" DEER HUNT....SKUNKED AGAIN HAD 3 WITH IN RANGE OF THE STAND OR BLIND IN KY AND ONE IN WV. NO OPPORTUNITY FOR SHOTS. MY FRIEND IN KY RIFLED A NICE 10 ( 8 ) POINT FIRST DAY I WAS THERE. 180 YARD SHOT IN THE MIDDLE OF A FIELD. SHOULD HAVE BEEN A TEN POINTER BUT TWO POINTS WERE BROKE OFF. BIGEST DEER HE HAS EVER SEEN WHILE IN THE WOODS HUNTING.
HAS ANYONE HEARD IF THE VOTE BY THE POPE AND YOUNG CLUB ON LIFTING THE 65% LET OFF RULE PASSED. NOT THAT IT WILL EVER MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE FOR ME SINCE I CAN' T SEEM TO HIT CRITTERS WITH THE DARKSIDE BOWS WHEN THE CANCE ARISES.

SEAK WELL HOW DO YOU LIKE " THE" NEW BOAT......JUNO GRL IF TOMBO IS NOT IS NOT AVVAILABLE TO WRITE THIS RESPONCE PLEASE PASS ON THE INFO AS I' M SURE YOU ARE FULLY AWARE........DID THEY GET ANY DEER? PIX' S?
Old 11-25-2003, 10:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nimrod, we should know better by now, but remember, we are still young and learning. I can' t wait to take a ride in SEAK' s new boat, that thing looks schweet. Sorry to hear you went another year with the whitetails eluding you. Sooner or later you' ll connect, but by that time you won' t have to worry about Pope and Young because it will be called Pope and Old.[>:][>:][>:] Sorry, I couldn' t resist. I heard about the changes, I' m not too worried about it, it' s just a club. I' ve got two animals that qualify and haven' t entered them, and probably never will. It' s too bad there is so much controversy in that club, it kind of underminds what it was all about in the first place.

SEAK, glad to hear that' s all it was with the police. I' m still curious about the ripped shirt, bloody nose and I' m sure you didn' t arrive in a drunken stuper. Cool deal on the meat, put them boys to work at home. I hope you guys have fun today and get a deer or two. Like Nimrod asked, give us a report on the boat when you get back, I' m curious how she runs.

Phish, I' m presuming since juno and seak are saying they aren' t greedy that you managed to get some meat. Hope you enjoy! SEAK and I should be out chasing them again in March and April, and since it sounds like he won' t make the hunt in July/August, I think if we get one I' ll send the meat south with him again. We' ll probably still be working off the 4 bulls we got this year, and will be able to fill the freezers again in the summer. After the bear hunt in May, I' ll be headed north to Prudhoe for a few weeks, then straight south to Vegas. Seems like the bear hunt is around the corner, but still quite a few months away. I' ll hopefully be staying at the hotel juno, but sounds like I better clean up my act or I' ll find a no occupancy sign on her door! []
Old 11-25-2003, 04:57 PM
Typical Buck

I CHECKED THE P & Y WEB SITE - POPE AND YOUNG VOTING MEMBERSHIP DID PASS THAT ABOUT LET OFF NOW IF IT IS LEGAL EQUIPMENT, AS FAR AS THE LET OFF, THEN IT WILL BE ACCEPTED BY P&Y STARTS IN JAN AND WILL BE RETROACTIVE. IF OVER 65% LET OFF IT WILL HAVE AN " * " BY THE ENTRY IN THE BOOK. ABM , WE SHOULD PUT IN A PROPOSAL TO BE SURE THAT AK REGS ARE AT LEAST 80% LET OFF BUT MAY NOT EVEN WANT TO SPECIFY A % . IS THAT ACCEPTABLE ON THIS GO AROUND WITH THE GAME BOARD ???
Old 11-25-2003, 05:21 PM

Nim, did you ask if " they" got any deer? No, actually, WE didn' t. Seak and mini-seak and I went around to the other side of Douglas today, and crawled, tripped and fell through the slash left by the helicopter logging (Note to self: laughing too hard at Seak when he suddenly disappears through a hole will cause self to fall backwards off log.) Never got out of the slash. We saw a lot of sign, but the rat-ta-tat-tat noises coming out of mini-seak' s mouth wasn' t conducive to seeing what was leaving the sign. Okay, truth be told, I wasn' t super quiet either, but it was impossible NOT to step on sticks. At least I didn' t make fighter plane noises. Outloud, anyway. I froze on the way back in the boat, but overall had a lot of fun.

I really like " the" boat--of course, with the flat bottom it does bounce, but I feel really safe in it. When the other two kids are with us, I' m going to claim the rights of an adult and sit on an ice chest behind the steering console--fewer bumps, and Seak will block the wind! The boat really skips along--we have the 90 HP with prop on. I know Seak will get on here and give you all the lowdown. Bottom line--I' m happy with the boat!

VBM--Chez Juno is back open to you--just watch your p' s and q' s, mister!
Old 11-25-2003, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nimrod, I can' t recall exactly how it is worded in the game regs. Does it say up to 80% let off? I' m really not to keen on making it more restrictive, but clarification would make sense, especially if the trend in archery... according to P&Y... is going to higher let off bows. I wonder if arrow weights are the next hot topic in that organization? I think this would fall under statewide and I' m not sure when the proposals have to be in for that.

Juno, glad to hear you guys got out. I figured at the very least you would get some laughs. So lil SEAK is a chatterbox huh? Maybe give him a fawn call and tell him to go crazy next time. Glad to hear you found a vacancy at the chez juno. Sounds like my reservations won' t be confirmed until later though. Sounds like a good overall boat, how high was the chop? Did SEAK let you drive, or did he get greedy with " THE" boat?

Quick Reply: Alaska Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.