Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
 Alaska Thread >

Alaska Thread

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Alaska Thread

Old 11-12-2003, 12:25 PM

Default RE: Alaska Thread

I' ll bet SEAK whooped for joy that you didn' t like the walnuts...he can' t get enough of them! And, uh, I heard that you ate MOST of the jerky! I might' ve mentioned to him that he' d be home in a week, but did so subtlely enough that he didn' t get on my case. [&:] So, did you have two t-shirts, two sets of socks and underwear, and two pair of jeans set out when you got up this morning? [&:]
Old 11-12-2003, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nope, only one set left. I did laundry yesterday, and thinking about that I set it up like I used to. Got one get up and a bag drag left! Gonna be stuck in Anchorage till mid day on Friday though. I can' t wait to get home, going on 3&1/2 weeks since I' ve seen my girls.

Tammy got run into today by a guy talking on his cell phone. She was backing out of a parking spot, and this guy backed into her going the wrong way trying to get a different parking spot. She honked at him, and while he turned to see what the honking was, he hit her in the rear part of the truck. No damage at least. Phew! He said it was all his fault, so I told her to break out the neck brace and crutches. Lots of ads on tv to sue guys like that. Nah, I wouldn' t do that.
Old 11-13-2003, 10:22 AM

Glad you' re getting to go home! Think of Anchorage as an adjustment period for the weather....going from Prudhoe to Vegas without any time for weather adjustment might be too much of a shock for your system!

Glad Tammy' s okay and that there wasn' t any damage. Wanna hear something funny? (Actually, I think I already told you this...) Other than you and Tammy, the only people I know personally who live in Vegas are...two lawyers. They' re not the TV ad type though...thank heavens!!
Old 11-16-2003, 08:30 PM

ABM - Gee, I' ll be ALMOST as excited as Juno grl to see SEAK when he gets to Juneau! LOL We shipped out another wetlock of vacuum-packed salmon to Oregon yesterday so we should be OK for room in the freezer. (For awhile, anyway - I head over to Sitka to try and collect a couple of deer and then freezer room is going to be really tight again! I will cheat a little and take some of the deer out to the sausage-maker and have some great summer sausage and brauts made up. Yum.)

Hope you get all thawed-out in those warmer LV temps! Thanks for the trade!
Old 11-16-2003, 10:57 PM

ABM

You have mail!
Old 11-21-2003, 03:03 AM

Jerry

Had a great time catching up with you and meeting your family. Your girls are wonderful. Not comparing them to a cut of meat, but just as wonderful is the jerky you gave me. I' ll be lucky enough to have some tomorrow <grin>. Hope to see you again in the near future, and like I said before, if you' re ever in my neck of the woods, you and your family are always welcomed.

Jim
Old 11-22-2003, 12:41 AM

VBM - Hey thanks for the packages of ' bou! <yum> SEAK and I got to sit around and shoot the breeze for awhile once we got it into the freezer. Lots of snow coming down outside tonight - wish I was scheduled to go to Sitka for deer hunting tomorrow, but I' ll have to wait another week and a half! BTW, did the halibut all make it down south with you? LOL
Old 11-22-2003, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jim, it was great seeing you too. Did you manage to get up into the hils and get some photos of town? Glad you liked the elk jerky, if you get stuck in town an extra day or two we can meet up for a beer and I can bring some more over, got plenty of it, and plenty of meat to make more.

Phish, glad you got the caribou. I hope Seak and junogrl didn' t get too greedy with it like my dad did with the halibut. I' m going to make some beer battered halibut tomorrow night.

Been busy at home trying to keep the kid entertained while the wife is studying for finals. Supposed to get down to 31 here on Monday night. BRRRRRRRR! [&:]
Old 11-23-2003, 05:59 PM

VBM - I was wondering if your Dad was going to assess a " packing fee" for being the ' but transporter! Next time we will try to have more on hand so there is more to share out on your end. I' m sure the beer batter dish will go over big - that' s one of my favorites!

Old 11-23-2003, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I' ll be coming through Juneau in May again... hint hint hint...

And after reading your post, I just remembered that I was supposed to buy some beer at the store for the halibut. DOH!

Quick Reply: Alaska Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.