Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Rookie Question

Old 02-13-2007, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rookie Question

Hi nodog,

Sorry for the hijack guys, but I gotta answer. Short and sweet. I spent the first week of January in Bonaire (down by Aruba). Then came home for six days and then left for Fiji for two weeks. Got home a week ago, but the jet lag had hold of me for a couple days.

What was I doing? Read my signature. Archery isn't the only game in town. Besides, I like those places where the temperatures hover around 80 in the winter time.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BGfisher

Hi nodog,

Sorry for the hijack guys, but I gotta answer. Short and sweet. I spent the first week of January in Bonaire (down by Aruba). Then came home for six days and then left for Fiji for two weeks. Got home a week ago, but the jet lag had hold of me for a couple days.

What was I doing? Read my signature. Archery isn't the only game in town. Besides, I like those places where the temperatures hover around 80 in the winter time.
Liv'n the dream! Sounds wonderful.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Leafrivermac:

I would agree that there is really no reason to buy other broadheads, as the Strykers should be a good flying head, providing your bow is tuned well. The only head mentioned that might be more likely to fly with your field pt. would be the Slick Tricks. As mentioned, you might want to try either rasing your rest (preferred) or lower your nocking pt. (not too bad if you are using brass nock sets.) What type of rest are you using? What type of fletching are you using? That can affect things as well. Broadheads that are shooting straight, but just a little low are not really a big deal, especially if they are grouping well.

Barry, congrats on the warm weather diving vacations!