Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bow Rookie question... >

Bow Rookie question...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bow Rookie question...

Old 06-06-2004, 06:48 PM

Default Bow Rookie question...

Hey guys....Just got my bow about 3 months ago and have been practicing none stop to get ready for deer season... when I first got this bow it had a nice big peep site on it...good for hunting...I've been getting used to it and busting arrows...my buddy just recently put me on a new (smaller) peep for when I'm target shooting...BUT I'm having a hard time adjusting to it...I can't see clearly through it...I'm hardly making out the red and green pins in my site through it....it just looks like fuzz....is that normal with a smaller peep hole or does it need to be adjusted somehow? is it just too small?? any help? Thanks-Lee
Old 06-06-2004, 06:51 PM

Default RE: Bow Rookie question...

try to bring the peep closer to your eye but without hurtin yourself
Old 06-06-2004, 06:54 PM

when I bring it closer to my eye it feels like my extended arm is all scrunched up....maybe I need to let my string out some?
Old 06-06-2004, 07:52 PM

If you was bustin arrows with the big one I would say go back to the larger one. I would go back to the bigger one anyway. You can't hit what you can't see.
Whitey
Old 06-06-2004, 07:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Make sure your peep is strait when you are at full draw. If it is crooked to the either side it will be blury and hard to focus through.

If it is a peep that seperates your bow string into 3 make sure one of the 3 strans isn't in your line of sight through the peep. This will also cause your view of the pins to be blury.
Old 06-06-2004, 11:02 PM

I'm sure you will get it figured out, but one thing to consider is that you will have a much easier time in low light conditions seeing your pins with the larger diameter peep. I gladly give up the positives that a smaller peep offers for the increased visability. Just a thought...
Old 06-07-2004, 05:05 AM

I appreciate all the advice....I believe I better just go back to my bigger peep.....sounds like that would be the best all around...thanks