Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 New York State Rifle & Pistol Association Endorses Barclay For State Senate >

New York State Rifle & Pistol Association Endorses Barclay For State Senate

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

New York State Rifle & Pistol Association Endorses Barclay For State Senate

Old 01-31-2008, 06:14 AM

Default New York State Rifle & Pistol Association Endorses Barclay For State Senate

TROY, NY (01/30/2008; 1710)(readMedia)-- The New York State Rifle & Pistol Association, the oldest and largest advocacy group of its kind in New York, today announced their endorsement of Assemblyman Will Barclay for the vacant seat in the 48th State Senate District.

"Our members in St. Lawrence, Jefferson, and Oswego Counties need a strong voice in the State Senate like Will Barclay," said Thomas King, President of NYSRPA. "Will is the only candidate in this race who can stand up to the downstate, liberal agenda that seeks to take away the constitutional rights of responsible gun owners."

"I thank the NYSRPA for recognizing that my voting record has always protected safe gun ownership, proper training, and the enjoyment of shooting sports," Barclay said. "These are important values for many of our area’s families and they will be important priorities for me in the Senate."
Old 01-31-2008, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New York State Rifle & Pistol Association Endorses Barclay For State Senate

Thanks for the info. Good to know.
Old 02-01-2008, 06:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New York State Rifle & Pistol Association Endorses Barclay For State Senate

Interesting, like to know where they get their info from to be such a big endorser of Barclay. Personally I live not far from the Barclay estate, everyone around here knows the Barclay family. Not saying their bad people. But I can say I belong to a ATV outdoor recreation club. He was invited to many of our events, and meetings to help us out on fighting the state for access. Said he'd do this, and that, or check into this and that. Well guess what, he never did jack squat for us. Our clubhas 1,200 members, and were all well aware of his lack of action, and promises. He's no longer invited to anything we do. I have little use for him. He's now trying to protray himself as a local boy that grew up like everyone else in thistown, and knows what are needs are. Well I say bull crap to all that, he was born with a golden spoon in his mouth, and just trying to fill his daddies foot steps.
Old 02-02-2008, 05:45 AM

If the Democrats take control of the State Senate all of the antigun bills the Assembly passes each year will come up in the Senate and pass there as well. You can kiss all your semi-auto rifles, pistol and shotguns goodbye. All shotguns will be reclassified as terrorist weapons and be banned. All hunting ammo will be banned. Everybody must vote for Barclay.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not buying into the same ol' Republican claim that the Democrats will take away all our guns. I always research any candidate I plan to vote for specifically on the topic of gun control. So read this on Aubertine.

www.newzjunky.com/news/0128aubertine2.htm

Far as the Barclays, they protect some prime deer country they own from hunting. If your caught on that land you'll be arrested- NO HUNTING. Barclay also owns land surronding the Salmon River. A very popular salmon fishing area. He charges fisherman to park on his land to access the river. He also fought against fisherman that guidesportsman in driftboats on the river. Claiming he owned that section of the salmon river, and they had NO right to be fishing that portion of his river w/o paying his fee's. It was a well recognized court battle. Noone has ever owned the waters, but only the land underneath. Well Barclay won, and now noone can fish that section of the Salmon River w/o paying. Its the only section of the river thats like that. I wouldn't call that being FOR sportsman. I call it republican greed!!
Old 02-05-2008, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

BA - how they used their influence and power on the Salmon River case keeps me from ever giving them a favorable thought.
They live as fuedal lords reihning over the masses for their own benefit.

Steve
Old 02-05-2008, 08:43 AM

Why don't you visit the NYSRPA website and download a copy of the Legislative Report and read all the gun control bills the Democrats are sponsoring. Then download the audio files from last years gun control day in the Assembly and pay particular attention to Naomi Rivera refering to hunters as irrational killers.