HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New York State Rifle & Pistol Association Endorses Barclay For State Senate
Old 01-31-2008, 06:14 AM
bsddaemon0

Default New York State Rifle & Pistol Association Endorses Barclay For State Senate

TROY, NY (01/30/2008; 1710)(readMedia)-- The New York State Rifle & Pistol Association, the oldest and largest advocacy group of its kind in New York, today announced their endorsement of Assemblyman Will Barclay for the vacant seat in the 48th State Senate District.

"Our members in St. Lawrence, Jefferson, and Oswego Counties need a strong voice in the State Senate like Will Barclay," said Thomas King, President of NYSRPA. "Will is the only candidate in this race who can stand up to the downstate, liberal agenda that seeks to take away the constitutional rights of responsible gun owners."

"I thank the NYSRPA for recognizing that my voting record has always protected safe gun ownership, proper training, and the enjoyment of shooting sports," Barclay said. "These are important values for many of our area’s families and they will be important priorities for me in the Senate."