Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 A Crack in the "Rock?" >

A Crack in the "Rock?"

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

A Crack in the "Rock?"

Old 01-29-2007, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: A Crack in the "Rock?"

Bh,I never heard of an oak/beech forest although about 40% of our forests are oak/hickory in this state.Another 40% is northern hardwoods which doesconsist of beech,cherry and various maples.I do agree thatcompostion and and the soil conditions necessary for regeneration are different in a northern hardwoods forests as compared to oak hickory.That isn't the point though and that isn't what these tours point out.You should take a trip out here and check some out.One tour is clearly illustrates the issues in an oak hickory forest and most of the others are in northern hardwoods forests.The theme is the same in both areas however.Too many deer means very little regeneration despite soil conditionsand acid rain.Interestingly,once you remove the one variable,the regeneration in phenominal.What variable could that be?

Why the suden change of tune about cutting the timber.In earlier posts you wanted alot more timber to be cut.Now your saying that isn't the answer.Do you expect the PGC to actually plant trees after the deer eat them?
Old 01-29-2007, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Crazy horse,whoin the USP came up with the plan to say say mountain lions were having an impact on the deer heard in 2g and that deer were pawing trees?Is that guy still in your organization?
Old 01-29-2007, 10:13 AM

ORIGINAL: T_in_PA3

It appears that the UBP had a high membership of 6000 a few years ago...Since then membership has stabilized at the current level that it had been at.
My compliments on your masterful spin. You ought to go work for the PGC (if you don't already).

BTW, since the PGC is desperate to maintain the appearance of hunter support, I wonder what will be the next bone thatUBPwill betossed to keep theirsupport for herd reduction? Sunday bow-only hunting? After all, it's quiet.

Old 01-29-2007, 10:33 AM
Typical Buck

Denny, are you now saying that the President of Penn Fed spoke out of turn? Are you saying that he was mis-informed of the actual figures of disgruntled members?

Nope. I noted, as you did, that he'd said during his remarks that "many" PFSC members were concerned about deer numbers. Many PFSC members probably are concerned about deer numbers in asmany areas of the state that they mayhunt or live in.

He didn't attach any specific number. Boop insisted that he assign a percentage to it so asto define "many" and offered many choices. Ali picked 30 to 40% from the menu.BTW, as you've stated originally, that number which Ali agreed to for the purposes of that discussion with Mr. Boop, was actually30 to 40%...not the40%you have selected for the purposes of this discussion.

Try to control yourself a bit better. I knowyou can do it.

Old 01-29-2007, 10:45 AM

"Crazy horse,whoin the USP came up with the plan to say say mountain lions were having an impact on the deer heard in 2g and that deer were pawing trees?Is that guy still in your organization? "

DougE (dce) by this, your last statement are you saying that you also support the comments made publicly and printed in the Penn Fed publication and approved by thenpresident TedOnufracregarding his (Valantine's) disdain for hunting and hand gun ownership?

Denny, what Mr. Ali said is on recoed at the PGC meeting. That cannot be denied. If he was weak enough to be misled is he really able to handle the position of President?
Now I see how the agency has such a hold on the organization. Weak leaders.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:21 AM

most sportsmen and women don't realize that they are even members in PFSC by virtue of their club dues.
Wait, isn't this the USP method of calculating members?

Pot calling the kettle black?
Old 01-29-2007, 11:31 AM

This has been said of USP for years on this and other forums, yet when it exposes Penn Fed at doing the very same thing (as does UBP)suddenly you object.
It is noted that Penn Fed has had a serious loss of some 10,000 members, individual and clubs combined. That may be a low ball figure as Delaware Valley had 7000 members alone.

But the real point is the fact that Mr. Ali admitted to a disent of policy by 40% of the membership of Penn Fed. That is very significant by any standard, and one can say whatever they like, but Mr. Ali spoke those words for the record at a meeting of the PGC Board of Commissioners and in public. I'll bet the PGC even has a tape of that.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:35 AM

Is Rocco Ali such a wimp that he couldnot have said "I don't know" if hereallydidn't know?
We have no reason to disbelieve Mr. Ali andhe has to be an improvement over the previous slug who allowed the anti-gun, anti-NRA statements of the PFSC membership director to be printed in the PFSC newsletter.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:57 AM

doing the very same thing (as does UBP)suddenly you object.
I don't see a club type membership on UBP's webpage.

I prefer to educate myself on the topics rather than rely on discussion board gossip.... which there is a lot being thrown around.

Reminds me of the group of guys I overheard at the local F&G club over the weekend. They were up in arms because people wanted to use dogs to hunt turkeys!!! They had no idea what was involved but they were mad. Once I explained how the dog was used it was a completely different attitude. Education, instead of hearsay, makes a world of difference.

Old 01-29-2007, 12:10 PM

I'll wait for the minutes of the meeting to come out an see for myself instead of relying on USP gossip.

Quick Reply: A Crack in the "Rock?"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.