Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 A Crack in the "Rock?" >

A Crack in the "Rock?"

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

A Crack in the "Rock?"

Old 02-01-2007, 05:41 AM

Default RE: A Crack in the "Rock?"

Old 02-01-2007, 07:29 AM

it shows disagreement between 30 to 40 % of Penn Fed members with the way PennFed supports the PGC's mismanaged deer program.
It also shows that 60-70% support the deer program. Funny how you refuse to ever mention this. Typical....
Old 02-01-2007, 07:45 AM

It's obvious to all but blind followers that there is a deep schism within the ranks of Penn Fed, and that they may not be addressing the desires and opinions of a very significant proportion of their members. The proof lies in the fact that the organization has lost thousands of members and many sportsmen's clubs.

A past officers public comments (membership chairman) attest to that and those comments were supported by the President (T.O.) and the legislative laison at that time. (Possibly even today, who knows?) Would you like me to post their supportive comments?

And who knows, that 30 to 40 % figure may be growing. It will be interesting to see if the organization will poll their members to affirm an accurate figure in this perilous slide.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think it's pretty safe to say that 30-40 percent of hunters wouldn't support any type of herd reductions so those numbers don't surprise me.It's also safe to say that 30-40 percent of the hunters don't understand the relationship deer have with the habitat.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:06 AM

CHorse, with all due respect, do you not think the post stating that those numbers also represent 60 to 70 percent support is valid?
After all, it was a percentage offered and not stated as a factual census.
I've heard the USP, UBP and PFSC all are experiencing a drop in membership and to try to define it as a house on fire for any of them seems -- wishful, or negativethinking -- depending on one's views.
Dunno, I guess the expiration dates on memberships will tell the story eventually.

Old 02-01-2007, 08:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

The 60-70% tells me the glass is near 3/4 full of Beer That's a positive outlook.Of course the 60-70% could be closer to 75-80% depending on who posts the numbers.

Bottom Line is - my guesstimate would be that 60-70% satifaction is all any F&G operation might expect.There are whiners in every crowd that you will never satisfy.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:14 AM

"DougE"-dce,
"I think it's pretty safe to say that 30-40 percent of hunters wouldn't support any type of herd reductions so those numbers don't surprise me.It's also safe to say that 30-40 percent of the hunters don't understand the relationship deer have with the habitat."

Pure speculation on your part isn't it?

By the way Doug, who was it at the PGC that gave you that information about not having any report cards from me in the past few years? I'd like to know.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe I have a crystal ball,have you turned any in?Maybe they got lost in the mail if you did but I doubt it.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:51 AM

No more than your presumption that 30-40% dissatisfaction indicates a "crack in the Rock".
Old 02-01-2007, 10:40 AM

ORIGINAL: Pointers

No more than your presumption that 30-40% dissatisfaction indicates a "crack in the Rock".
It's not my "presumption." That figure came directly from the lips of Penn Fed President Rocco Ali at the recent PGC public meeting and is now a matter of record.

And that significant percentage as well as the fact that Penn Fed is hemoraging members and clubs is a well known state of affairs.

Doug, I didn't think you'd want to identify that PGC source of info concerning my report cards. It would prove to be a very interesting matter should you have told the truth. As it is, it's just anotherfigment of your vivid imagination; much like your habitat and Game Land rants.
Your credibility is rapidly headed south.

Quick Reply: A Crack in the "Rock?"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.