Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Ruger or Tikka >

Ruger or Tikka

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Ruger or Tikka

Old 10-11-2008, 08:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ruger or Tikka

ORIGINAL: viperone

I have a Tikka T3 lite stainless 308. Love the rifle. My problem is with the service. I wanted to mount an EoTech for hog hunting on a texas trip. Tikka makes a Picatinny rail that mounts to the weaver screws. I was told three different times by different reps that the rail was in stock. On the sixth day after ordering I check my order status and discover that the rail is on back order with no date listed. All parts and accessories comes from Finland. Like I said the rifle is great. Just hope you never have tohave it serviced. Gunsmiths are hard to find because of lack of parts. Good luck
I have heard this complaint concerninglack of customer servicemore than once. It looks like Beretta would get their act together.
Old 10-11-2008, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 700Rem

If your going to spend 500.00 or so dollars on a Tikka or Ruger,why not upgrade from those two and spend 100.00 more and get a Remington ?? 90 percent of Bean poles are built on a remington action for a reason...I will let you figure out the rest.
I'm not seeing the upgrade here?? Does Remington even make a rifle anymore???

They make all the customs out of that action because thats all its good for anymore.
Old 10-11-2008, 10:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rammer

If your going to spend 500.00 or so dollars on a Tikka or Ruger,why not upgrade from those two and spend 100.00 more and get a Remington ?? 90 percent of Bean poles are built on a remington action for a reason...I will let you figure out the rest.

They make all the customs out of that action because thats all its good for anymore.
Purely personal opinion!
Old 10-11-2008, 11:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: VAhuntr

ORIGINAL: Rammer

Purely personal opinion!
Personal opinion based on a few years of owning almost every production rifle made, and a few customs along the way.
Old 10-12-2008, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

My Dad's bigger and stonger than your Dad!! So there......
Old 10-12-2008, 03:05 PM

i can't get past the plastic on a tikka, so ruger gets my vote.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Tikka.
If you like a mauser action and wood, get a CZ.
Old 10-17-2008, 07:14 PM

My vote would go for the Tikka!
Old 10-20-2008, 05:44 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Briman

Tikka.
If you like a mauser action and wood, get a CZ.
I second that! My dad just bought a CZ550 American in .30-06 and he was able to zero it and get a decent group in 6 rounds! I shot 2 rounds through it and I just fell in love with the single set trigger. He got a hell of a deal on it too, he bought it gently used from Cabelas for $425. The barrel was bright and there were very few wear marks on the stock. This combined with a Leupold 2-7 x33 VXI, got him a fantastic deer/elk rifle for under $750. As for the Ruger vs Tikka argument, I personally own a ruger M77 MkII in .270 and I love it, except for it's god awful trigger. It's rugged and reliable but I can't get a group below 1.5" (on a very good day) because of the crazy high trigger pull. I'm actually in the process of getting an aftermarket adjustible trigger. I've never shot a Tikka so I can't really compare the two....