Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Tikka vs Ruger >

Tikka vs Ruger

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Tikka vs Ruger

Old 06-01-2006, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Tikka vs Ruger

Which is (on average) the most accurate rifle,a Tikka T3 or a Ruger M77?

I'm in the middle of a debate at another site and I want to see what a different group of people think. Thanks for your help.
Old 06-01-2006, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Tikka vs Ruger

Tikka!
Old 06-01-2006, 09:07 AM
Fork Horn

the shooter
Old 06-01-2006, 01:30 PM

IMO Not enouph to quarrel about, I shoot Rugers and a cousin shoots Tikkas, both or accurate rifles, Its a matter of what you like.
Old 06-01-2006, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Out of the box I'd say Tikka. Especially since they have great, user adjustable triggers. I do like Rugers too... as a matter of fact I just bought my wife a Ruger a few weeks ago. In the end, both are good products.
Old 06-01-2006, 10:13 PM

Honestly, a huge chunk of the whole "accuracy" thing can be laid squarely at the shooter's feet.

Old 06-02-2006, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Honestly, a huge chunk of the whole "accuracy" thing can be laid squarely at the shooter's feet.
No offense guys. I appreciate all responces but I think we all understand that the shooter makes the most difference. However lets concentrate on the firearm here. There are differences.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:54 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 06-02-2006, 11:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

to their current home-brewed hammer forged barrels
They hired a very good custombarrel maker to start building barrels in house. I think his name is Bill Atkinson but not entirely sure. Their barrels are very good, in fact about a year ago they had John Ratzenberger(Norm ofCheers fame) tour their plant, the barrel machinery and area looked like an operating room. Their trigger on the other hand could be detrimental to accuracy unless tuned. All in All if I am looking for a rugged gun that will always go bang I would pick the Ruger. The Tikka has a better trigger pull(Rugers is simpler and more rugged)and possibly a betterbarrel since Sako barrels are extremely good barrelsbut that would be the extent of it.
Old 06-02-2006, 12:27 PM
bigcountry

Man, I have seen some awesome Rugers and some terrible ones. I have seen some wonderful old Tikkas and so so new ones.

I would pick a serious gun IMO with a serious bolt and not all the plastic.. The Ruger hands down.

Quick Reply: Tikka vs Ruger

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.