Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Ruger or Tikka >

Ruger or Tikka

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Ruger or Tikka

Old 10-05-2008, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ruger or Tikka

+1, well said Cooper. Now where is the popcorn? This thread is a good as some in the politics area.
Old 10-05-2008, 03:10 PM

ORIGINAL: oldelkhunter

Accubonds didnt have anyhting to do with this thread Dozen Arrows,it was from a old thread wwhere SFB didnt know what one was..so it was just a jab,the guy is just dumb as a brick..end of story
I must have gotten to you with that choice acronym(you know using the first initial of each name) I think the mods need to do something about you.. Low life Low Character individuals like you would probably shrivel before telling that to someone face to face.
Move along little buddy ,move along.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:07 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: cooper_m22

I had a Tikka T3 Hunter in a 300 wsm and it will be the last tikka i ever get.
First let me say I liked my tikka as far as accuracy it will shot .50 at 100 yards. But after the first 3 shoots I had a crack start in the stock and had to send it back to Beretta it was close to 3 month beforeI got it back and that stock started cracking in 10 shots sent it back one more time this time I got it back in 4 months will this time the stock did not crack but the accuracy was way off, you no how I said it shot .50 at 100 yards well that was the first 3 shots now it's best is 2.75 at 100 yards and Beretta says they do not have to stand by there accuracy guarantee becauseI had to have them changed the stock now is that not stupid. because I had them change the stock. the tikka isJUNKand Beretta is JUNK But Sako is great.

That tikka was the first low cost gun I ever got and it will be the last, to me you get what you pay for.
Save your money and get a Cooper.
Good point Cooper +1
Old 10-05-2008, 07:34 PM

Rifle man;

you gonna give that dude a heart attack talking bout his tikka like that..your going to be the next one he attack with his retarded antics..
Old 10-05-2008, 07:47 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: 700Rem

Rifle man;

you gonna give that dude a heart attack talking bout his tikka like that..your going to be the next one he attack with his retarded antics..
I no, I no 700Rem but people like him Keeps me coming back to this site.

Old 10-05-2008, 07:51 PM

Yep-kinda like watching a train wreck..you know whats gonna happen,just cant turn away from seeing it happen...
Old 10-05-2008, 08:08 PM
Fork Horn

Thank you bugsNbows and rifle_man.
That tikka I had just showed me what I all ready new you get what you pay for when it comes to a Rifle.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

I had a Tikka T3 Hunter in a 300 wsm and it will be the last tikka i ever get.
First let me say I liked my tikka as far as accuracy it will shot .50 at 100 yards. But after the first 3 shoots I had a crack start in the stock and had to send it back to Beretta it was close to 3 month beforeI got it back and that stock started cracking in 10 shots sent it back one more time this time I got it back in 4 months will this time the stock did not crack but the accuracy was way off, you no how I said it shot .50 at 100 yards well that was the first 3 shots now it's best is 2.75 at 100 yards and Beretta says they do not have to stand by there accuracy guarantee becauseI had to have them changed the stock now is that not stupid. because I had them change the stock. the tikka isJUNKand Beretta is JUNK But Sako is great.

Yep they had a problem with the wood ones that is for sure and I have heard more then one story about the stocks not holding up, That's why I went to a T3 just for a knockaround deer rifle that the only rugged use it will get is used is for deer around where I live.I would have held Berettas feet tot he fire because that is total BS on their part, I would call them back and get a manager on the line or send them a nice letter. When I started first dealing with Beretta 7 years ago they were even worse if that makes you feel better. Lately they have gotten a lot better which would not take much but that is stillinexusable on the Tikka stock problem. I have sent back a silver pigeon o/u and an Xtrema for warranty issuesand they had everything fixed perfectly and back in my hands in under 3 weeks. So far I have not had to send a Sako in for anything and I have been buying them since 1985. Like someone else said you get what you pay for . I have subsidized Remington,Winchester,Marlin and Ruger since I have been shooting 38 years ago , Other then Marlin there is nothing in the lineup for the other 3 that would make me throw away good money.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:58 PM

"I would call them back and get a manager on the line or send them a nice letter"

LOL, I can only imagine.. [8D]
Old 10-11-2008, 03:33 AM

I have a Tikka T3 lite stainless 308. Love the rifle. My problem is with the service. I wanted to mount an EoTech for hog hunting on a texas trip. Tikka makes a Picatinny rail that mounts to the weaver screws. I was told three different times by different reps that the rail was in stock. On the sixth day after ordering I check my order status and discover that the rail is on back order with no date listed. All parts and accessories comes from Finland. Like I said the rifle is great. Just hope you never have tohave it serviced. Gunsmiths are hard to find because of lack of parts. Good luck

Quick Reply: Ruger or Tikka

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.