Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
So crossbow are legal now...... >

So crossbow are legal now......

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

So crossbow are legal now......

Old 07-13-2010, 07:38 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountry
Seriously??? I am just curious how old you. Simple question.

i could be wrong but you got to be going somewhere with this, but i'll bite. seriously i'm just about 40.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:40 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by noidurism
i could be wrong but you got to be going somewhere with this, but i'll bite. seriously i'm just about 40.
Freakin amazing.

Old 07-13-2010, 07:50 PM
Typical Buck

whats so amazing
Old 07-14-2010, 12:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by DeerandbearhoG
How about a nation wide 30-06 season starting sept 1st running non stop through jan 31st, you get 5 tags..fill em, thats it! ...Im not kidding
Some states do have gun season about that long.....
Old 07-14-2010, 12:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think its fair. If its gone so far from Roy Case's reason for starting the first bowseason, then it doesn't make sense anymore.
You got Roy Chase on the brain....for real. I think you want to just stay living in the 1930s....Not every one does. Things have changed...deer populations have changed. Maybe we should also hunt deer and buffalo from the rail roads like they used to....you know because of the historic significance of it. Have some pop corn...lol
Old 07-14-2010, 05:24 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by Kybuckhunter
You got Roy Chase on the brain....for real. I think you want to just stay living in the 1930s....Not every one does.
Now this statement is true all the way around. Maybe move it up to 1950's. Roy was responsible for the modern bowseason you so much love and love to exclude gun hunters.

You know after pages and pages, I figured it out. Its not about excluding x-bows but more about excluding gun hunters. Most point out that arrowguns don't make much of a dent. But gun hunters, even muzzleloader hunters would be going over the top by most opinion.

Old 07-14-2010, 06:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

What would your reply to this be....

http://www.crossbowalternative.com/
Old 07-14-2010, 07:46 AM
bigcountry

What would your reply to this be....

http://www.crossbowalternative.com/
Dangerous and was against the rules in MD. Who knows know. Guess anything goes.

Kid last year shot himself under the chin with a crossbow here in MD (12 year old dead of course), keeping it fully drawn with an arrow.

Old 07-14-2010, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dangerous and was against the rules in MD. Who knows know. Guess anything goes.

Kid last year shot himself under the chin with a crossbow here in MD (12 year old dead of course), keeping it fully drawn with an arrow.
So now you are a concerned citizen over the xbows safety? I havent looked up the facts yet but I will venture to say that self inflicted xbow deaths are not too rampant. Of course all weopons are dangerous in untrained hands. A potato gun can be lethal in the wrong hands.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:47 PM
bigcountry

So now you are a concerned citizen over the xbows safety? I havent looked up the facts yet but I will venture to say that self inflicted xbow deaths are not too rampant. Of course all weopons are dangerous in untrained hands. A potato gun can be lethal in the wrong hands.
Sure, but its just rampant stupidity to go around with a loaded arrow gun with a bolt held at 100-250lbs of tension. Father just freakin walkin around with this. Rampant enough that the kid died just a few miles from my hunting lease. Too rampant for me. I mean how you like following some numbnuts around holding a compound at full draw with a release?? I swear xbowers need horsewhipped if they wonder around with a bolt in and full tension.

Difference is, arrowgun shooters regularly keep thier arrowguns full drawn while hunting, potatao gun shooters doing regularly stand in the way of the tator being lit off. In other words, one is common (stupidity) practice and other is just an accident.

Last edited by bigcountry; 07-14-2010 at 02:49 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.