Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
So crossbow are legal now...... >

So crossbow are legal now......

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

So crossbow are legal now......

Old 07-15-2010, 07:16 AM
Fork Horn

I think for disabled hunters xbows are fine.but I don't think they should be able to be used as a substitute for a bow in bow season unless your disabled! If they want to have a xbow season fine, but I think that allowing them as a substitute for a bow puts us bowhunters at a bigger disadvantage.
And I agree with BC that carrying around an xbow ****ed at over 100lbs. is foolish,even if unbolted,for the carrier and any bystanders I myself would not walk anywhere near someone with a ****ed xbow.
But you can't argue with idiots!
Old 07-15-2010, 08:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountry
Holy, cow, mental note: don't go hunting with Kybuck and his family.
Thanks for making fun of a tragic incident. This nearly destroyed the young man when he shot his dad as you could expect. Just to let you know he was 13 and was was quail hunting in thick cover. His dad walked down into a ravine to kick up the birds and they scattered and he spun around and lost track of his bearings.

Glad you got a chuckle out of it.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:38 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by Kybuckhunter
Thanks for making fun of a tragic incident. This nearly destroyed the young man when he shot his dad as you could expect. Just to let you know he was 13 and was was quail hunting in thick cover. His dad walked down into a ravine to kick up the birds and they scattered and he spun around and lost track of his bearings.

Glad you got a chuckle out of it.
No, its sad. And I am serious. You have to admit, thats alot of accidents for one family. I am truely sorry for thier loss.

I mean if I rambled off several dangerous incidents with my hunting, wouldn't you be leery of hunting with me? Or just chalk it up as accidents happen?

Old 07-15-2010, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by wvnimrod
I think for disabled hunters xbows are fine.but I don't think they should be able to be used as a substitute for a bow in bow season unless your disabled! If they want to have a xbow season fine, but I think that allowing them as a substitute for a bow puts us bowhunters at a bigger disadvantage.
And I agree with BC that carrying around an xbow ****ed at over 100lbs. is foolish,even if unbolted,for the carrier and any bystanders I myself would not walk anywhere near someone with a ****ed xbow.
But you can't argue with idiots!
Who is arguing that carrying it loaded is the right thing to do??

Also can you explain why you are at a disadvantage? You are setting in your tree hunting with a bow and the other guy is hunting 150 yards away in his tree with a xbow. How does it affect you. They have the same range.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:44 AM
bigcountry

Also can you explain why you are at a disadvantage? You are setting in your tree hunting with a bow and the other guy is hunting 150 yards away in his tree with a xbow. How does it affect you. They have the same range.

Yea, with thier laser and magnified 4X scope and gunstock on a nice gunrest. Man, thanks for the laughs.

Old 07-15-2010, 08:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

No, its sad. And I am serious. You have to admit, thats alot of accidents for one family. I am truely sorry for thier loss.

I mean if I rambled off several dangerous incidents with my hunting, wouldn't you be leery of hunting with me? Or just chalk it up as accidents happen?
The one was my family.... the kid that shot himself deer hunting I didnt know....it just happened near where I hunt.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yea, with thier laser and magnified 4X scope and gunstock on a nice gunrest. Man, thanks for the laughs.
I wasn't asking you but OK.....It doesn't matter what sight you have on it. You still have the same effective killing range. You can put magnified and laser sites on a bow also as well as range finding sites. So whats your point???
Old 07-15-2010, 09:00 AM
bigcountry

I wasn't asking you but OK.....It doesn't matter what sight you have on it. You still have the same effective killing range. You can put magnified and laser sites on a bow also as well as range finding sites. So whats your point???
Point is, your full of crap and don't know what your talking about. No offense. You asked.

Old 07-15-2010, 02:00 PM
Fork Horn

Well less see,
1.less movement needed with xbow
2.form is less of an issue,anyone who can shoot a gun can shoot a xbow but not every gun shooter can shoot a bow!
3.I care to differ on thier effective ranges
4.there alot faster than the fastest bow
5.if they are allowed as substitutes for bows there will be twice as many hunters in the bow season.

Need I continue,this was the same deal that destroyed true muzzleloader season,when they started allowing the use of inlines(not saying there bad) I have one myself,but you tell me which one is more accurate,and at longer range,now there are as many hunters in the woods in muzzleloader season as there are in rifle season.
I think that allowing them as substitutes for a bow (if your not disabled) will ruin BOWHUNTING.
Old 07-15-2010, 02:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Point is, your full of crap and don't know what your talking about. No offense. You asked.
Very fact filled and classy reply....NOT.

You can't dispute anything I say so this is what you have to comeback with. I see now that I have schooled you in every shape and form. You can not handle a conversation with well thought out points. You at least are persistent in your losing argument. You are like arguing with a 5 year old. No reasoning ever works when they are set in their ways and don't listen to reason. I guess it just has more to do with the emotional maturity than anything. Too bad you are throwing this tantrum for nothing...since it's already passed and all....have some

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.