Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
So crossbow are legal now...... >

So crossbow are legal now......

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

So crossbow are legal now......

Old 07-16-2010, 03:14 PM
bigcountry

Where are your facts? I highly doubt switch tech qualifies you to be an authority full of facts. Just you saying it, doesn't qualify it as fact. You have rarely been right on these forums.

Can you show where high fense hunting has been used as ammo for anti's to change legistlation that hurt you???

I can show where anti's have used archery season and poor shots to hurt us. Lets see you show some facts here. Like I said, switch tech does not cut it.

I never said they qualified as hunting guns. You actually thought that? I was showing how the word arrowgun fits. It was very simple, and you happen to screw it up and miss it. How is that possible? I guess anything is possible. Another one actually thought all guns shoot bullets and use gunpowder. He actually believed that if he got shot with nailgun in the knee that he would believe its a bullet!!! Now thats some funny crap.

Originally Posted by Ranger77
No I didn't miss it, its simply irrelevant

If those things you listed are guns, take them hunting during the next modern gun rifle season. You REALLY think they'd qualify as legal hunting guns?

Seriously?

High fenced hunting fuels the anti-hunting zealots, which in turn DOES affect me and my kids rights to hunt. I thought you could connect simple dots, my bad

see above explanation bigcountry, because my arguments are based on facts, supported by facts and you cannot argue them nor tear them down

you're wanting to take a hot glue gun deer hunting ......... lol that's funny &^%$ right there!

Old 07-16-2010, 09:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Where are your facts? I highly doubt switch tech qualifies you to be an authority full of facts.
I've listed them, you have selective reading methinks.

Just you saying it, doesn't qualify it as fact. You have rarely been right on these forums.
I am wrong sometimes, on this subject I am not and I have listed why.

Can you show where high fense hunting has been used as ammo for anti's to change legistlation that hurt you???
Of course I can, or I'd not have said what I said. But you won't believe anything I type so educate yourself on the enemies of hunting and what they use to sway public opinions. Canned hunting is one of the primary weapons. Go ahead, research it, I have.

I can show where anti's have used archery season and poor shots to hurt us. Lets see you show some facts here. Like I said, switch tech does not cut it.

Of course you can, but they don't use crossbows in their arguments as often as they use juist archery in general. You should know this.

I never said they qualified as hunting guns. You actually thought that? I was showing how the word arrowgun fits. It was very simple, and you happen to screw it up and miss it. How is that possible? I guess anything is possible. Another one actually thought all guns shoot bullets and use gunpowder. He actually believed that if he got shot with nailgun in the knee that he would believe its a bullet!!! Now thats some funny crap.
call a compound a gun if you want to, call an automobile a gun, a tree a gun .......... that doesn't make them guns does it?

IF a crossbow is a gun, then almost every state allows guns in archery season, did you know that? And if a crossbow is a gun, and you have a permit to use a gun, take a 30.06 instead.

But you can't, and you know you can't, because a crossbow isn't a gun.

Go to a concealed weapons license class and use a heat gun ......... see where that gets you.

Use a hot glue gun opening day of modern gun and see how that works for you.

The word "gun" is very confusing for you, I understand that now. You have a very hard time distinguishing between what a gun is when we're talking about hunting, and what a gun is when talking about tools, or toys etc.

Using your logic, a hair bow is archery equipment.
Using your logic, a glue gun is a gun.
Using your logic, a fiddle bow is archery equipment.
Using your logic, a hot air gun is a gun.
Using your logic, a bow tie is archery equipment.
Using your logic, a nail gun is a gun.

You really want to stick with that logic to base your stance against crossbows? Really?
Old 07-16-2010, 10:06 PM
bigcountry

I've listed them, you have selective reading methinks
No, you haven't listed any unbiased crediable sources. You have only said you know it deep in your bones basically. List them or shut up. Its thats easy.

I am wrong sometimes, on this subject I am not and I have listed why.
No, you just put out opinions. No unbiased sources whatsoever. Saying it just doesn't make it magically appear. Switch tech does not qualify you to say things as fact on this matter. If I want to know about Nortel switch cards, or TL1, maybe, but you have never done a peer review study have you? Simple question that can be answered yes or no.

Of course I can, or I'd not have said what I said. But you won't believe anything I type so educate yourself on the enemies of hunting and what they use to sway public opinions. Canned hunting is one of the primary weapons. Go ahead, research it, I have.
Try me, lets see your factual proof where anti hunter has used canned hunting to change legistlation that directly affects you. That ought to be public record. But let me guess, you don't feel like it?

call a compound a gun if you want to, call an automobile a gun, a tree a gun .......... that doesn't make them guns does it?
Thats the beauty, I don't have too. I can call it an arrowgun, its more like a gun than a bow.

IF a crossbow is a gun, then almost every state allows guns in archery season, did you know that? And if a crossbow is a gun, and you have a permit to use a gun, take a 30.06 instead.
Ok, that was dumb. first off almost is a big word. Second, think about this, all states allow an arrowgun to be used in gun season, but not all allow an arrowgun to be used in archery. Because its more like a gun than archery gear.

Go to a concealed weapons license class and use a heat gun ......... see where that gets you.
Why? You can carry a heat gun around legally. If your attending a CCL class, which I have many years ago, your there for a certain gun that uses bullets and gun powder.

The word "gun" is very confusing for you, I understand that now. You have a very hard time distinguishing between what a gun is when we're talking about hunting, and what a gun is when talking about tools, or toys etc.
Not in the least. Any fool could see that. But again, you ought to pat yourself on the back. You did something, that someone with an IQ below 80 would be too intelligent to do. You missed the distinct arguement the numbnuts was making, saying that only guns used bullets and gun powder. I clearly showed him, other products, no matter if its tools or toys that carries the name gun. And with good reason. Because they all either resemble a gun and push a product or projectile out with pressure. Clearly a dictionary definition. I was clearly showing an arrowgun resembles a modern hunting rifle more than it ever wood a real bow or archery equipment. Again, you clearly missed that.

You really want to stick with that logic to base your stance against crossbows? Really?
I never did use those babblings you made up as logic. You did, and tried to say I am. But per usual, your dead wrong. I clearly showed how a modern arrowgun resembles, a gun, has the distinct advantages guns have that a compounder or as I, a selfbower do not. You missed that. Not having to draw on a 0F day, is a distinct advantage. Having magnified scopes with laser pointers is a distinct advantage. Having a rest, which most arrowgunners have, is a distinct advantage. You may not hunt enough in your life to understand these.

Ever since I have known you on these and other forums, you have non-stop complained that its your equipment why you can't be consistent. If its not your BH's, its the bow, or the arrows. You said it yourself, you have went thru more trad bows than anyone on here in the time you have been shooting trad. So now it comes out with your experience with arrowguns. Surprise, surprise. We all knew it. But per usual, you believe you had us all fooled.

Old 07-17-2010, 02:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

The recurve guys say...
The compound bow guys say...
The cross bow guys will say...

Just goes to show were all pretty much the same. People who are way to concerned with other people business. It's about deer management and someone obviously thinks the deer need more management and a crossbow isn't like bringing a gun to a bow fight.

I'd be willing to bet though, that crossbow hunters will bring on more government intervention by the increase of accidents from carelessness. It's a bow that sits there loaded. That ain't good.

They maybe easier to shoot, but everything else about them is a pain. I don't look at a crossbow hunter as someone who's getting a better deal. Things don't just look like a boat anchor...
Old 07-17-2010, 02:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

But you can't, and you know you can't, because a crossbow isn't a gun.
It's a gun in that it's loaded. Just a very weak load compared to a 30.06. Make a 30.06 have the same range as a bow and I wouldn't have a problem with it during archery season.

Pretty soon arrows will use a propellant and crossbow hunters will be the nay sayers then.

I wouldn't walk through the woods with a guy carrying an X bow without a lot of caution. Pretty much the same caution as when with a guy carrying a gun. It's a gun.
Old 07-17-2010, 03:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's a gun in that it's loaded.
Or it's a bow that's loaded - if you don't wait to get to your stand.

Is an unloaded gun a bow?

Ohio is about 50/50 crossbow/other.
Are there any records showing the 100's of crossbows in use there are responsible for a higher % of accidents? If I was making the claim crossbows are more dangerous, I would be looking there for info to support my theory.
Old 07-17-2010, 03:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

BC, why is it when you are losing an agruemnet you always try and discredit the other guy by saying he is stupid or has a low IQ ? That is the first sign that you are losing an arguement. You can't stand with facts on your side so you start with attacking the person on a personal level.

I also found it funny how you wanted the one guy to show you "proof" yet you said to me that the internet wasn't a place to prove anything and Google was a waste of time. You only pick the parts that you want to be true and the rest you throw out as opinion.....

You also keep bringing up the laser sites and scopes on xbow when in fact they are also used on regular bows as well as range finder sights. Do you not even read ?

The bow and xbow are very close to the same weapon when it comes to deer hunting other than holding it at full draw....and that can be done with a bow now also. They both kill the same way.

Stop being emotional and look at facts. Its already been in use in many states and the world hasn't fell apart. The accident rate is not higher. They are not being used as a poacher weapon. They are just another "bow" in the hands of a hunter that has the same right as an elitist does. You don't have to like it but at least show respect for a fellow hunter. Stop being a child about it.
Old 07-17-2010, 05:16 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by Kybuckhunter
BC, why is it when you are losing an agruemnet you always try and discredit the other guy by saying he is stupid or has a low IQ ? That is the first sign that you are losing an arguement. You can't stand with facts on your side so you start with attacking the person on a personal level.

I also found it funny how you wanted the one guy to show you "proof" yet you said to me that the internet wasn't a place to prove anything and Google was a waste of time. You only pick the parts that you want to be true and the rest you throw out as opinion.....

You also keep bringing up the laser sites and scopes on xbow when in fact they are also used on regular bows as well as range finder sights. Do you not even read ?

The bow and xbow are very close to the same weapon when it comes to deer hunting other than holding it at full draw....and that can be done with a bow now also. They both kill the same way.

Stop being emotional and look at facts. Its already been in use in many states and the world hasn't fell apart. The accident rate is not higher. They are not being used as a poacher weapon. They are just another "bow" in the hands of a hunter that has the same right as an elitist does. You don't have to like it but at least show respect for a fellow hunter. Stop being a child about it.
Ok, once again, same question asked to you many times. What facts have you shown? Where is your peer reviewed study on the matter?

You say the accident rate is not higher. Says who? Where?

You of all people say show respect to a fellow hunter? Now thats funny.

Hey, I am anything but an elitist, i am saying it only make sense to make it season of choice. Your the one that wants to exclude the gun hunters during archery because your selfish. You haven't made the case, because you can't and just want the season to yourself. But then you don't want it to be about tradition and challenge.

When brad sits here and says he has posted the facts, like you have ove and over and over, but yet hasn't posted a single peer reviewed study, what do you want me to say? Just because you say it, doesn't make it facts.

And when Brad says something stupid or misses something that is so intuitively obvious to the casual observer, I call him out on it.

The holding at full draw is the whole case man. If they made it illegal for an arrowgun to be held under tension, I would be ok with them. Thats thier distinct advantage. I have yet to see one hunter use a magnified peep or lense while hunting with a compound. They do for 3d target. But you refuse to read.

Last edited by bigcountry; 07-17-2010 at 05:21 AM.

Old 07-17-2010, 05:23 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by SteveBNy
Or it's a bow that's loaded - if you don't wait to get to your stand.

Is an unloaded gun a bow?

Ohio is about 50/50 crossbow/other.
Are there any records showing the 100's of crossbows in use there are responsible for a higher % of accidents? If I was making the claim crossbows are more dangerous, I would be looking there for info to support my theory.
Why? Why not use your personal experience and common sense instead of going around trying to find people to tell you what to think?

Old 07-17-2010, 06:33 AM
bigcountry

Got this from the other site. A few on here says most states allow an arrowgun to be used during archery season. Here's the facts.

13 states allow the use of an arrowgun during archery season and considered regular archery equipment. Rest, either have restrictions for the disabled or elderly (which I have no issues with) or limited use a few weeks out of the archery season which I have also have little trouble with.

But you have these guys saying "most". Another pack of lies.
Anyone ever wonder why that most states differentiate arrowguns from compounds/longbows/recurves? Clearly, most states have speical rules for them. At least PA doesn't allow magnified sites.

ALABAMA:
2004: Permitted for use during all hunting seasons including he full archery season.
ALASKA:
Permitted for big game or small game during general firearm season.
Permitted for archers with disabilities.
ARIZONA:
Permitted for big game or small game during general seasons and during H.A.M. (Handgun, Archery, Muzzleloader) and fishing.
Permitted for disabled hunters during the archery season.
ARKANSAS:
1973: Permitted for use during all hunting seasons including he full archery season. Considered to be regular archery equipment. Permitted for small game, predators and fishing.
CALIFORNIA:
Permitted for big game during general firearms season.
Permitted for small game.
2004: Permitted for archers with disabilities.
COLORADO:
Permitted for big game during general firearms season and for small game birds.
Permitted for archers with disabilities.
CONNECTICUT:
Permitted for the physically challenged during hunting season.
DELAWARE:
Permitted for the physically challenged for big game during the general firearms season and shotgun season.
Permitted for anyone Monday through Friday of November shotgun season and any gun season in December and January.
FLORIDA:
Permitted for big game during the general firearms season and any season for archers with disabilities.
2006: Permitted for limited use during the archery season.
GEORGIA:
2002: Permitted for use during all hunting seasons including he full archery season. Considered to be regular archery equipment. Permitted for fishing.
HAWAII:
Permitted for big game and small game on private lands only and for archers with disabilities.
IDAHO:
Permitted during the general firearms season for big game.
Permitted for small game and fishing and for disabled hunters.
ILLINOIS:
Permitted for use by the physically challenged during archery season.
2008: Permitted for hunters 62 and over.
Permitted for fishing.
INDIANA:
Permitted during the late archery season by anyone for does only.
Permitted for use by the physically challenged in the early archery season.
IOWA: Permitted for use by the physically challenged during archery season.
2007: Permitted for all hunters 70 year and older.
KANSAS:
2008: Permitted for anyone during the firearms season.
KENTUCKY:
2006: Permitted for use during archery season from 1st of October through third full weekend then reopening at the onset of firearm season for legal game till December 31st .
Permitted for fishing and for disabled hunters during the entire archery season.
LOUISIANA:
2008: Permitted for use during all hunting seasons including he full archery season. Considered to be regular archery equipment.
MAINE:
Permitted for use by the physically challenged by permit.
2006: Permitted for open Bear Season.
2006: Permitted for Deer during firearm season.
MARYLAND:
Permitted for use by the physically challenged and archers over 65 during archery season.
Permitted for any hunter during the firearm and muzzle loading season as well as the first two weeks and last two weeks of archery season.
MASSACHUSETTS:
Permitted for use by the physically challenged by permit only.
MICHIGAN:
2009-Permitted for unrestricted use in Zone 3 (Southern Lower Peninsula - 2/3 of the deer population) for all seasons.
Permitted for anyone over the age of 50 statewide from October 1 through November 14 with a three-year sunset clause in order to evaluate the changes in the crossbow regulations.
Requires a no-cost crossbow stamp, which will provide the DNR with the ability to collect crossbow use data.
MINNESOTA:
2007: Permitted for anyone during the firearms season.
2008: Permitted for Bear and Turkey seasons.
MISSISSIPPI:
Permitted for use by the physically challenged and archers over 65 during archery season.
Permitted for all hunters during primitive weapons and firearms season.
Not permitted during the early archery only season.
MISSOURI:
Permitted during regular firearms season and small game seasons.
Permitted for fishing and for use by the physically challenged in archery season.
MONTANA:
Permitted for regular firearms season.
Permitted for small game and predators.
For more info go to: fwp.state.mt.us
NEBRASKA:
Permitted for use by the physically challenged during archery and regular firearms seasons.
Permitted during deer and pronghorn firearm season for anyone.
NEVADA: Permitted for all hunters during regular firearms seasons.
NEW HAMPSHIRE:
Permitted for use by the physically challenged during archery season and anyone during the firearms season.
Permitted for any one on Long Island with a Long Island Deer Permit.
NEW JERSEY:
2009 – Approved for ALL people during the ENTIRE archery season
NEW MEXICO:
Permitted for use by the physically challenged only.
NEW YORK:
Crossbows are illegal.
NORTH CAROLINA:
2009 – Approved for ALL people during the ENTIRE archery season
NORTH DAKOTA:
OHIO:
1976: Permitted for use during all hunting seasons including he full archery season. Considered to be regular archery equipment. Permitted for all legal game except waterfowl.
Permitted for fishing.
OKLAHOMA:
2008-Approved Crossbow for all hunters 60 and over.
OREGON:
Permitted for fishing and non-game animals.
PENNSYLVANIA:
2009: Permitted for any hunter during the archery season. No magnified scopes allowed. Five year sunset clause.
RHODE ISLAND:
SOUTH CAROLINA:
2008: Permitted for use during all hunting seasons including he full archery season. Considered to be regular archery equipment.
SOUTH DAKOTA:
TENNESSEE:
2005: Permitted for use during all hunting seasons including he full archery season. Considered to be regular archery equipment.
TEXAS:
2009 - Permitted for use during all hunting seasons including he full archery season. Considered to be regular archery equipment.
UTAH:
Permitted for use by the physically challenged.
VERMONT:
VIRGINIA:
2005: Permitted for use during all hunting seasons including he full archery season. Considered to be regular archery equipment. Permitted for fishing.
WASHINGTON:
2005: Permitted for use by the physically challenged during archery season.
WEST VIRGINIA:
WISCONSIN:
Permitted for use by the physically challenged and hunters over 65 years of age during archery season.
Permitted for fishing.
WYOMING:
Has always been permitted for use during all hunting seasons including the full archery season. Has always been considered to be regular archery equipment. Permitted for fishing.
For more info go to: gf.state.wy.us

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.