Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
So crossbow are legal now...... >

So crossbow are legal now......

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

So crossbow are legal now......

Old 07-13-2010, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountry
Well looks like I am going to have to get a crossbow.

Guys, whats a good one.
The way you slant you bow in your avatar I'd say you are half way there. It's neither vertical or horizontal.....therefore I'd say you have been struggling with this for quite some time. I guess it tme the struggle ends....I see inner piece in your future.
Old 07-13-2010, 03:37 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by Kybuckhunter
The way you slant you bow in your avatar I'd say you are half way there. It's neither vertical or horizontal.....therefore I'd say you have been struggling with this for quite some time. I guess it tme the struggle ends....I see inner piece in your future.
Thats what I was thinkin. Just put a gun stock on it, with a 4lb trigger assembly, and a magnificed scope or laser like some are, raise the speed from 170fps to 350fps, shorten it from 64" to like 24" and sure they are close. Probably the same amount of skill to get the job done. Wow, I am really starting to see the simularities.

Old 07-13-2010, 04:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountry
Thats what I was thinkin. Just put a gun stock on it, with a 4lb trigger assembly, and a magnificed scope or laser like some are, raise the speed from 170fps to 350fps, shorten it from 64" to like 24" and sure they are close. Probably the same amount of skill to get the job done. Wow, I am really starting to see the simularities.
Almost sounds like a modern compound bow....other than the stock. See, the transition will not be so hard after all. When you start hunting with the xbow let me know how you like it....you never know I may give it a try someday too.
Old 07-13-2010, 04:23 PM
Typical Buck

Old 07-13-2010, 07:06 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by noidurism

Man, I got to ask you, half your posts on hunting net is with popcorn. How old are you??????

Old 07-13-2010, 07:10 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by Kybuckhunter
Almost sounds like a modern compound bow....other than the stock. See, the transition will not be so hard after all. When you start hunting with the xbow let me know how you like it....you never know I may give it a try someday too.
Oh yea, your right, modern compound, except for the stock, and being held under dangerous tension for long periods, and the magnified scopes with the laser pointer and not having to draw it while the animal is right up on you. Sure your right. How did we ever miss the simularities?

Old 07-13-2010, 07:18 PM
Typical Buck

i do the popcorn because as i sit here reading all the amusing posts i'm waiting for the next one and who is gonna say what next.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:23 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by noidurism
i do the popcorn because as i sit here reading all the amusing posts i'm waiting for the next one and who is gonna say what next.
Seriously??? I am just curious how old you. Simple question.

Old 07-13-2010, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

How about a nation wide 30-06 season starting sept 1st running non stop through jan 31st, you get 5 tags..fill em, thats it! ...Im not kidding
Old 07-13-2010, 07:36 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by DeerandbearhoG
How about a nation wide 30-06 season starting sept 1st running non stop through jan 31st, you get 5 tags..fill em, thats it! ...Im not kidding
I think its fair. If its gone so far from Roy Case's reason for starting the first bowseason, then it doesn't make sense anymore.

It would bring more kids to the sport (remember, when in doubt, just say its for the kids)

Deer kills would be way up I bet. Control the monster herd everyone is complaining with.

It wouldn't disinfanchise the orange army who pays taxes too.

And lastly, not much differences than an arrow-gun. Remember most deer kills are under 50 yards.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.