Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Signs of Illinois Rut >

Signs of Illinois Rut

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Signs of Illinois Rut

Old 11-28-2008, 06:24 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Signs of Illinois Rut

it was beautiful tonight nice and still but dang cold, I got into my stand around 2pm and didnt see anything for a while and then i started seeing squirels. But then i was thinking about getting out and then all of a sudden I saw some movement and it was a nice 6 pointer walking along the deer trail diagonal to me I should have drawn my bow when he went behind a tree but no.... I didnt draw... and then he comes out infront of me to my right and hes beautiful and he looks right the f up at me and I freeze and hes got this whole bullseye on his lungs less than 20 yards away and hes looking right at me. then he turns his head and i get ready to draw and the buck turns around and fs off back into the woods. So its starting to get dark and then I then I got busted by a deer in the brush on the other side behind me. So I kind of have a littl ebit of confidense back that im not curses with not seeing deer... Im cursed that I dont get shots at deer. So like i said i have some confidence back. and the bucks appear to kind of be crusing again or starting so i may try hunting the other finger.
Old 11-28-2008, 07:33 PM
Fork Horn

So do you think theres still plenty of good hunting left in my new spot. i think that i will try a new part of the new spot now that i have been busted in that spot... any suggestion... and anyhing i did wrong other than not drawing my bow when I should have... but i didnt know if he was even going to be coming out the other side.
Old 11-29-2008, 04:59 PM
Fork Horn

Well I havent see anything lately other than that buck that was crusing threw last night that busted me... but if there is one small buck that was crusing what are my odds that there are more.
Old 11-29-2008, 09:41 PM
Fork Horn

I am very frustraited.... any suggestions or should i be done for the year.
Old 11-30-2008, 01:29 AM
Fork Horn

Seeing as we now have snow is there a good chance that deer will be moving during the daylight looking for food getting ready for the winter?
Old 11-30-2008, 07:43 AM
Dominant Buck

Temperatures and the amount of snow would probably have something to do with it. I'd get back to checking some scrape lines to see if they're still looking. Food food food.