Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Signs of Illinois Rut >

Signs of Illinois Rut

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Signs of Illinois Rut

Old 11-01-2008, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Signs of Illinois Rut

Saw some nice bucks on their feet today during daylight. This morning had a nice 10 pointer crossing a field (125-130 class), and then had an ancient old 10 pointer (main frame 8 with 2 kickers off it's right G2) come into the decoy, but ended up chasing a doe out of the field with no shot. Saw the 10 pointer again from a different stand chasing a doe.

If we could just get the temps out of the 70's then things could get rolling.
Old 11-01-2008, 07:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Signs of Illinois Rut

Keep me posted on this will ya guys. I leave for IL next Saturday to hunt the 9th through the 15th. It should be really heated then. I plan on bringing the Boss decoy. What ya'll think?
Old 11-01-2008, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Keep me posted on this will ya guys. I leave for IL next Saturday to hunt the 9th through the 15th. It should be really heated then. I plan on bringing the Boss decoy. What ya'll think?
I think you better strap your harness on tight, because if your in the right area and the weather is right, your going to be in for the ride of your life! I would most definantely bring the decoy. Things were really picking up until in hit 75 degrees today.
Old 11-01-2008, 07:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: 2 Lunger

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

I think you better strap your harness on tight, because if your in the right area and the weather is right, your going to be in for the ride of your life! I would most definantely bring the decoy. Things were really picking up until in hit 75 degrees today.
I hope so, I intend and am preparing for all day sits.

The farms we are going to be on have not been touched at all this season. We will be on virgin farms. OMG!

Old 11-01-2008, 08:25 PM
Typical Buck

Rob, personally I think you will be hitting the prime time!

From what I've seen my last 2 outings next week will be on fire. I've seen a couple of small bucks running a doe but I've also seen several does with fawns nothing trailing them. Also a few doe traveling by themselves and smaller bucks roaming late morning. Last year things started getting good on the farm Nov. 3rd andwas hotfor 2 weeks.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:30 PM
Fork Horn

I haven't seen any good bucks in my area but the rub looks like its gotten bigger and theres a fresh small rub. Im hunting outside of La Rose Illinois, over by Lacon... wheres everybody else located... I have been out three times sense I got my first deer and now I havent seen anything at all... as I was hiking out tonight i think i saw a flash of white running away in the woods when I went past another stand spot of mine. But They are not moving very well at all where i am hunting. Scent lures arent even bringing them in. Mother natures having a hottflash and its throwing things off I guess. I do not know... I know there is at least One Good buck and perhaps a forkhorn in the area and a whole lot of does around... But I have not seen any real rut activity at all.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: hammerman

Rob, personally I think you will be hitting the prime time!

From what I've seen my last 2 outings next week will be on fire. I've seen a couple of small bucks running a doe but I've also seen several does with fawns nothing trailing them. Also a few doe traveling by themselves and smaller bucks roaming late morning. Last year things started getting good on the farm Nov. 3rd andwas hotfor 2 weeks.
Fantastic. I'm even getting more excited as the week gets closer.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:37 PM
Fork Horn

Well, I hope that it cools off before the rut hits... like whats it going to take for the rut to come in. Like is it the weather, and the moon. because right now they both kind of suck.... the weathers too hott in illinois.... and the moon isnt what it should be... llike what should i look for.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:41 PM
Super Moderator

The farms we are going to be on have not been touched at all this season. We will be on virgin farms. OMG!
Lucky dog!!! I'd give my eye teeth to have that situation. You'll be hitting it just right. I always call anywhere from the 8th thru the 12th or so primetime. For some reason the 12th has been good to me. More normal cooler weather should be back with us toward the end of this week too.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:19 PM
Fork Horn

What is it that appears to be killing the Centeral Illinois Prerut deer activity?

Quick Reply: Signs of Illinois Rut

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.