HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Signs of Illinois Rut
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2008, 06:24 PM
Texgrebby87
Fork Horn

Default RE: Signs of Illinois Rut

it was beautiful tonight nice and still but dang cold, I got into my stand around 2pm and didnt see anything for a while and then i started seeing squirels. But then i was thinking about getting out and then all of a sudden I saw some movement and it was a nice 6 pointer walking along the deer trail diagonal to me I should have drawn my bow when he went behind a tree but no.... I didnt draw... and then he comes out infront of me to my right and hes beautiful and he looks right the f up at me and I freeze and hes got this whole bullseye on his lungs less than 20 yards away and hes looking right at me. then he turns his head and i get ready to draw and the buck turns around and fs off back into the woods. So its starting to get dark and then I then I got busted by a deer in the brush on the other side behind me. So I kind of have a littl ebit of confidense back that im not curses with not seeing deer... Im cursed that I dont get shots at deer. So like i said i have some confidence back. and the bucks appear to kind of be crusing again or starting so i may try hunting the other finger.