Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Signs of Illinois Rut >

Signs of Illinois Rut

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Signs of Illinois Rut

Old 11-23-2008, 10:19 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Signs of Illinois Rut

Did anybody see anything if they went out during shotgun season?
Old 11-24-2008, 08:03 PM
Fork Horn

anybody seen any activity lately or been out now that shotgun season is over?
Old 11-24-2008, 08:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

During shotgun season, I saw 4 different bucks chasing does. 2 were 1.5 yr olds, one was a really good looking 2.5 yr. old 10 pointer, and then a 3.5 yr. old 8 pointer made the mistake to chase one by me Sunday morning. However, only one other hunter on our farm saw a buck chasing. I was in a good spot, and was seeing alot more deer than anyone out there, so that played a big role.

I plan on sitting on a stand Thanksgiving morning, and then again Saturday and Sunday. Still hoping to fill my other bow tag.
Old 11-24-2008, 10:24 PM
Fork Horn

So you think this thanksgiving will be good bow hunting if the wind is not too bad? and the deer in less presured areas will be moving fiarly well again by now. what I am wondering about is will there be enough rut left wednessday when I get back out.

I sitched over to a vitalbow gear everrest dropaway from my whisker biscuit, and it works fiarly well, but now I need to re sight in all 5 pins. I am pretty sure I am going to go 20, 30, 40, 45,50, or 20, 30, 40, 50, 55... I found out that my arrow has around 85.7 fpsi kentic engery So I know I could make those long shots but I dont want to have a deer hang up on me out past 40 and know I could take the shot if I had my 50 yard pin in.

So I switched that and I also switched to Stingers.

I am hoping to get out wednessday morning to hunt the funnel spot and then come in for lunch and hunt wednessday night in another spot. my new spot. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqUpuNovWBY
Old 11-24-2008, 11:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

There is only one way to know, and that is to be planted in a treestand. I think the bucks were starting to lockdown on does over the weekend, so I'm hoping that they may be breaking off them later this week. I'm going to be set up between bedding and feeding sources.
Old 11-24-2008, 11:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

We hunted all 3 days of gun season and we only saw 2 small bucks. We saw a hand full of does,2 arenot around any more, if you know what I mean. Still alot of corn up and the deer are heavy in it. The most shooting we heard is when they started cutting a field to the west of us. They better have it all cut in the next week or so...
Old 11-26-2008, 12:10 AM
Fork Horn

My friend lance and I saw around 16 deer feeding in a field tonight when we did a drive around his hunting ground, and there was a buck with the does. So I think the rut is still going here. I am going out tomarrow night and I hope to see one... I plan to hunt the funnel. what is second shotgun season so i know my timetable.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:53 PM
Fork Horn

I am going out tonight to hunt the funnel I will report when i get back.
Old 11-26-2008, 04:50 PM
Fork Horn

it was a perfect night but I saw new deer hunting the funnel.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:34 PM
Fork Horn

I think I am going to give up on the funnel in marhsal county It just does not hold deer. So I will be trying to hunt the new spot in woodford. and I am going to try and get out friday.

Quick Reply: Signs of Illinois Rut

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.