Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 PA rut...any signs of it??? >

PA rut...any signs of it???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

PA rut...any signs of it???

Old 11-05-2004, 12:19 PM

Default PA rut...any signs of it???

i live in erie pa and i havent seem much along the lines of rutting activity..has any1...if so and paticular time 2 hunt better than the rest????
Old 11-05-2004, 02:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: PA rut...any signs of it???

Oh yea they are humping down here in the S.E. corner and all day during rut is the best time
Old 11-05-2004, 04:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

it has jsut been gettin a bit cooler here in SW PA and im starting to see more signs of the rut , hearing alot of chasing and grunting from the young boys , but havent seen anything as far as the mature buck activity , but that can change at any time!!!
Old 11-05-2004, 06:14 PM

It's happening here in Armstrong Co. We've had losts of chasing for over a week now - that's how I got my doe on Saturday. I've seen several nice 8 points and a few sixers cruising the woods. Lots of scrapes and bigger rubs showing up this past week.
Just tonight I seen a huge antlered buck at the edge of the field. I didn't see his body but I do believe he is the big boy that I see once per year. I'm hoping that he stays in the area. Definitely a wallhanger....
The neighboring farmer finally cut the corn so now the deer will be coming into the woods more. Cold weather coming next week but the action should be heating up!
Old 11-05-2004, 08:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

They are running and chasing like crazy, all day long. Been seeing activity like this since last saturday.