Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 whats the point... >

whats the point...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

whats the point...

Old 02-03-2007, 05:25 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: whats the point...

Thats my exact point RYBO!
Old 02-03-2007, 05:39 AM

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

But why is a deer that's not ok to shoot one day, fine the next?
Why when your shopping, you walk past the Oreo's because you don't want them only in 15 minutes to go back and put them in your cart?? People change their minds, circumstances change, goals change.....And besides, what difference does it make?

I watched a group of does and fawns walk past my stand everymorning and evening for about a week. For 6 days I let them walk by, never even picked up the bow. On day 7........dead meat. The other days, I dunno, maybe I just didn't feel like messing around dressing and skinning a deer....who knows, who cares. Same same.
Old 02-03-2007, 06:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

SOB you did PM me for the show, damn you WH!! When are you going to admit the Bailey's are family?[8D]
Old 02-03-2007, 06:55 AM
Dominant Buck

I think it's OK to shoot the deer any of the days, first to the last day of the season. Sometimes people just don't feel like doing it, right then. They're holding out for bigger or better or heck, maybe even smaller. People are fickle, we do change our minds for no great reason other than we do it.
Old 02-03-2007, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

To some it's horns. To some it's meat. To some it's meat and horns. To some it's neither, but the thrill of the hunt.

LT
Old 02-03-2007, 07:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cause the royaly chaped your but that particular morning!

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

But why is a deer that's not ok to shoot one day, fine the next?
Old 02-03-2007, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

The title of this post was whats the point and I agree completely.Whats the point in worrying about what everyone else is shooting?I goto a lotta hunting sites and posts like this are becoming way to common.It amazes the number of people who have to sit around and question everyone elses hunting methods andkill choices.Who the hell are you hunting to impress?If I decide to kill a deer it isnt supposed to mean anything to you, I shot it for me.If I killed it for the meat, the antlers, its nobody elses businuess.People pay the same price you do for a hunting license, its valid so many days a year and for certain deer.If I chose to eat my bow tag during the 3 month archery season waiting for a big deer and then wack a small one during the late 2 week muzzleloader season what direct affect does it have on you?

For the record I chose to hold out for a good buck most years, but if someone else doesnt Ill still help em drag it out