Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 whats the point >

whats the point

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

whats the point

Old 04-27-2004, 09:27 PM

Default whats the point

whats the point of going on a guided hunt where u have 100% of getting a anamial (also knowen as a caned hunt) really if your just buying the anaimals your not hunting them you might as well shoot a cow its the same thing.

what u think of the caned hunt?
Old 04-27-2004, 10:25 PM

Default RE: whats the point

What's the point of paying for a hunt where you have only a 50% chance of getting an animal? What's the point of spending upwards of $1500.00 to go on a guided hunt just to go home empty handed?

I consider 'canned' hunts to be those where you're hunting in a fenced in area. I'm not going to pay that much money to go home empty handed, I want a garauntee that I will have meat in the freezer and horns on the wall.
Old 04-28-2004, 03:34 AM

I Agree, It Costs Way To Much Money To COme Home Empty Handed, How Would You Like It hunter_jere? It May Be Easy But Its Still Fun.
Old 04-28-2004, 07:42 PM
Typical Buck

Yep, but there is nothin like goin in the woods and getting on the animals turf and playing by his rules to try to harvest one. Tht really gives me a rush to know that I am the dominant predator and that I am effective. The problem that I have with those game ranches is that a lot of the people that hunt them haven't ever been hunting before and they don't make good shots and make the animals suffer. I think those anti hunter people overlook things like killing cows that are helpless and really hammer on how we are killing poor innocent animals. My question is What has the cow ever done to all those people that are anti hunters? At least in hunting, the animal has a fair chance and they survive a lot of the time. JMO. BB
Old 04-28-2004, 09:10 PM

just because you have a guide does not mean u dont hunt in natural surroundings. from what i mostly c on tv it seems that down south has these "canned" hunts but up here in BC i dont know of any outfitters that use a canned hunt but they still offer very high standards
www.jimshockey.com
look at his hunts
none of them are on enclosed lands so maybe it is different where you come from but usually up here you hunt with a guide:
1) to get a monster
2) be garunteed a animal
3) get an animal that you cant get in your home state/province
Old 04-29-2004, 10:20 PM

lol but on vancover island theres like soooo many black bears that u have to be a really really bad hunter not to get one or just not try there everywhere
Old 04-29-2004, 11:49 PM

i no that but w.e. i still like it that is is just a free range guide and many other inland bc guides dont have canned hunts.

also when i was reading Life At Full Draw (a bio on chuck adams) he had 2 get guides so he could complete his ultimate slam because there was certain things he needed even though he knew he would get one (muskox)

and by the way Jere in NAHC magazine the SCI was thinking about making a new class for pacific/costal bears
Old 04-30-2004, 08:49 AM

I would never pay to hunt. its stupid id rather go up to my camp and just sit in the woods and get nothing forever than have to be so pathetic as to pay to get an animal. the best part of hunting isnt getting anything its just being out in the wood with nature.
Old 05-02-2004, 10:44 PM

[quote]ORIGINAL: pahunter15

I would never pay to hunt.

same her her pahunter
Old 05-02-2004, 11:02 PM

r u kidding i would definatly pay to hunt. not deer for sure but sumthing like bison i would for sure. Theres no what a im waiting around to get my name drawn from a LEH when i could just pay and be guaranteed 1

Quick Reply: whats the point

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.