Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hang-on Stand Safety Question >

Hang-on Stand Safety Question

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hang-on Stand Safety Question

Old 01-12-2007, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hang-on Stand Safety Question

A how much do the motorcycle straps things cost. I really am going to go get some becuase i like that ideo but are the strong enough to hold the ladders on.
Old 01-12-2007, 07:04 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: killzonearchery

A how much do the motorcycle straps things cost. I really am going to go get some becuase i like that ideo but are the strong enough to hold the ladders on.
$5-6 last I knew.
Old 01-12-2007, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thank you hardcore. But i think i am not the only one that does not use a tree harness,but as many stands as i set up i do not really have the time. I mean i know you should have the time for safty but i do not. I usally only have one day to set up stands as many sports as i play. I mean i play sport year around, but i do archery and hunt other things during the summer.
Old 01-12-2007, 07:17 PM
Banned

I don't use a safety harnass when putting up a 15' ladderstand, I don't really know how you would. I do have my wife steady the ladder while I am hooking the ratchet strap around the tree.When installing climbing sticks and a hangon though, I use a summit seatopants vest with a summit linesmans rope with a prussic knot so that I can work hands free for attaching the lone wolf sticks and the lone wolf hangon. Makes the job way easier and faster,not to mention way safer.
Old 01-12-2007, 07:47 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: killzonearchery

Thank you hardcore. But i think i am not the only one that does not use a tree harness,but as many stands as i set up i do not really have the time. I mean i know you should have the time for safty but i do not. I usally only have one day to set up stands as many sports as i play. I mean i play sport year around, but i do archery and hunt other things during the summer.
I would suggest wearing a safety harness when putting up your climbing sticks and stand. The extra 15-30 minutes is worth it if you only do it once a year. Just think, one slip up for not sacrificing 15-30 minutes may cost you a lifetime of sports when you are cripples or your life period.

I used to not use one when I was younger. Maybe I am just wising up as I get older...
Old 01-12-2007, 09:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gut Check--have you used those tree stands already, or are they just your spares! I couldn't even if I tried keeping my stands, climbing sticks and webbing straps that CLEAN--and I do try.
Great equipment those Lone Wolf stands & sticks.
As for the idea with the cycle net--I'll get me some of those. It's a great idea.