Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Nailed by the Game Warden >

Nailed by the Game Warden

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Nailed by the Game Warden

Old 11-27-2006, 08:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Nailed by the Game Warden

You are under no obligation to say anything to the warden and did good by not being a freakin rat, which is even lower then hunting w/o a license. Too many people are willing to sell there neighbor out to the feds etc.
Sell their neighbor out? How about screwing a so called friend over. It was pretty obvious that the cop knew there was soemthing wrong and the "friend" still woudn't grow a set and admit who he was.

Your right he could have kept his mouth shut, and then the fun would have really started. They could have kept the one guy until the were completely sure who he was,sometimes it takes awhile to get finger prints back. Found a reason to have the guy arragned and you know a judge can be a hrad thing to find on a holiday weekend.

If you'de do this to a friend your the rat,not a mule. If a so called friend put me in this spot I'd pay the fine and punch him in the mouth.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's about ridiculous over reaching law enforcement that everybody should be concerned with. You should not go to jail for poaching a freakin deer, you should not have your truck confinscated because your buddy didn't have a license...
I agree and although it apparently didn't happen in the case we're disussing it has and does happen. I share your concern!
Old 11-27-2006, 08:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I didn't read all the posts. But, you keep saying "good friend, good friend, good friend - blah, blah, blah...

A good friend wouldn't have put you in that position. And if for some reason a "good friend" did, I would expect that the "good friend" come clean once YOU were asked to answer any questions about your "good friend".
Old 11-27-2006, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Couldn't have put it any better!
ORIGINAL: Killer_Primate

I didn't read all the posts. But, you keep saying "good friend, good friend, good friend - blah, blah, blah...

A good friend wouldn't have put you in that position. And if for some reason a "good friend" did, I would expect that the "good friend" come clean once YOU were asked to answer any questions about your "good friend".
Old 11-27-2006, 08:57 AM

Muley 69,

Its your interpretation of whats trivial that makes me thankful we have game wardens. If all had your point of view,I pity the state that our outdoor resources would be in.
Old 11-27-2006, 09:11 AM
Typical Buck

well good job guys,eveyone has shown thier character...."tell a differant lie and you might have gotten away with it" "something as trivial as poaching" "its not poaching if you dont kill a deer" "tell your buddy to pay the fine"(not owning up to breaking the law) as someone said earlier "use your words wisely,once you say it you cant take it back"
Old 11-27-2006, 10:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

use your words wisely,once you say it you cant take it back"
Oh yes you can,it's called the edit button. Let's move on and let this one drop to the back pages. Nothing can be added that hasn't already been said numorious times.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

people do it all the time. You just were unfortunate and got caught. I absolutely gaurantee you some of the people on here have done it. I've done it, I know people that have done it. It just happens, and people do it. It doesn't make it right. People do it all the time though. Unfortunate truth. (i've never gone out of state and done it, but that's neither here nor there). Either way it happens all the time. Just pay it and move on.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:53 AM
Dominant Buck

You aided and abetted the offense knowing that your bud was in the wrong , so you deserve the fine .