Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Which Camera

Old 11-22-2006, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Which Camera

looking to buy a new trail camera. what is the cheapest camera on the market that actually takes good pics? under 100$ would be great and 35 mm is alright with me. i just need a good camera that i can tell what is on my hunting property. thanks for any reply!
Old 11-22-2006, 08:26 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Which Camera

I love my Bushnell 119200 (2.1 mp). It goes for about $130. It has a faster trigger than Cuddeback. It's trigger speed is 1/4 - 1/2 second. Picture quality is good for a 2.1. Only downfall is flash range and battery life in cold weather. I took care of the battery problem by hooking up a 6 volt rechargable battery. I would highly suggest this camera, especially for the money.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:13 AM

Moultrie Game Spy 100. 99.00@ walmart. It is a digital camera, which believe me you want a digital. The cost of film and developing will get real expensive, which would more than offset the compared cost of a digital camera. I have 3 Moultries, and for the price , they are hard to beat. I have gotten over 3 thousand pictures this season from them, With no film or developing costs. They run off of a 6 volt battery, and taking as many pics as they have been taking the batteries were not lasting very long, so I bought some 6 volt 36 amp/hr batteries, that last for about 3 weeks per charge. If you take a lot of pics, that is the way to go.

Good luck and good hunting

Old 11-22-2006, 10:42 AM
Typical Buck

I have had horrible experiences with the Moultree Gamespy100. It is just... horrible.

There is a seperate trail-cam forum with a lot of reviews... check em out.
Old 11-22-2006, 12:38 PM

Whatever you choose, go digital. My 35mm takes great pics but film, batteries, anddeveloping was killing my wallet. Also, I've missed a couple hundred pics because the film ran out. I now have two memory cards and I use rechargeable batteries, so I can just swap them out and I don't miss pics anymore. I have the Moultrie Outfitter cam and so far I've been pleased.
JMO

TXMM
Old 11-22-2006, 01:20 PM
Fork Horn

I will sell you a good 35mm deer cam for 50.00 plus shipping
Old 11-22-2006, 02:56 PM
Super Moderator

I am buying my first trailcam Friday at Gander Mountain or rather my wife is buying one for an Xmas gift. They are having the Bushnell Trail Sentry 1.3 on sale for $59.99, regular price is around $100-$120. From what I can gather reading reviews on our Trailcam forum, for a starter camera its pretty good.

Old 11-22-2006, 11:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

will see what reviews i can get on those cameras
Old 11-23-2006, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've seen Stealth 35 mm cams on sale for $39 before

Wildviews are digital for about $59 to $79 for the .3 and 2.0 respectively.

The .3 does not stamp on time or date. The 2.0 does.

The Wildviews have ultra slow trigger speed and only a 15ft flash range. Most others have 30ft plus.

They are cheap and that's what I use. I don't like the short flash range and have to set them in areas where deer will linger around so the ultra slow trigger will catch them. I'm really only concerned where deer are in the daytime during legal shooting hours anyway.

The more expensive cameras are much better but I don't want to spend that kind of money to have them get stolen. For their price, I can get several cheaper Wildviews.
Old 11-23-2006, 08:10 AM

bnzartman..........whatkind ofcharger and batteries did you get?

Quick Reply: Which Camera

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.