Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Scent containment carbon clothing question continued >

Scent containment carbon clothing question continued

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Scent containment carbon clothing question continued

Old 09-24-2006, 03:01 PM

Default RE: Apology

ORIGINAL: aeroslinger

Yes, its an open forum but YOU are the one who takes peoples quotes and makes personal attacks.
You took my answer to your incorrect statement that people were commenting on carbon without having owned it as a personal attack?? You really need to get things in perspective. No one is attacking you......and if anything it was YOUR post that could be considered incendiary due to it's implications that those speaking out against didn't know what they were talking about because they didn't buy a suit.

I don't think I'm the one thats "stupid". You are misleading.
I didn't say you were stupid.............I said if someone saying that a carbon suit doesn't work makes you feel stupid I can't help that. Maybe you enjoy buying products without being informed...........that doesn't mean everyone else does too.

You may have bought a carbon water filter but I believe you have bought and used said product about as much as I believe your hunting "stories".
You are gonna believe whatever you want anyways............who cares?? You tell yourself whatever you want to hear to make yourself feel good. You have ZERO support for why you think your suit works yet you say "I know it works..........I don't know how, but it works"..........If that is all you need then fine. I am sure you are very high on the list of the hunters these products are marketed towards. I don't even know what you mean about the hunting stories comment...........but your desperate turn to personal insults only confirms you have nothing useful to add to the debate.

I didn't get into the technical aspect as I believe that could be argued over and over without any definite proof either way.
Then you have no idea what you are talking about..........the laws of science are not debatable.

What I said and will continue to say, as well as the great majority of the people who've REALLY bought and used it, is that is performed great for me. It did everything I wanted from it.
Again you imply that I am lying about my experience with carbon on many different levels...........you are a joke. How can you possibly whine about other people's so called "personal attacks" and then call someone a liar in the same post?? Your opinions are worthless........the only thing you ever offer is "it works for me because I bought it".................what a great source of objective info that is I'll tell ya what.......I had a Gander Mountain T-shirt on last year when I killed a deer.............by your logic that means the Gander shirt is what helped me get that deer..........or maybe it was the 1977 Quarter I had in my pocket.......or the BIC pen I carried to fill out my tags...........Come to think of it, I have had my BUCK knife on me for a lot of deer kills........THEY ALL MUST BE DEER MAGNETS!!!...........or they are just inanimate objects that have NOTHING to do with whether or not I got that deer..........just like your suit.

People ask how others like the product and we tell them. That seems to be a problem with you in particular.
I think it is well established that people like Mossy Oak and Realtree and the other camo patterns that carbon comes in..................you are applying a magical benefit to an object that doesn't belong........just like I said, it's the same as saying the change in your pocket had something to do with your success. You are finding what you are looking for........EVERY deer you see now you thank your suit for.........but you neglect the millions of guys who see and kill deer of all sizes without the suits.

Why don't you concentrate on figuring out the difference between a doe and a buck
There is no difference.........if you have tags for both. They are both just walking meat sacks.

before you spend so much time on here trying to dissuade people from trying out things you only think you know about.
So Davidmil and the MANY others that have come here and made the same points as I have don't know what they are talking about either?

I've never seen one iota of positive help in any of your posts.
Like I said.........you only see what you are looking for. Grow up.

Once again, great product and would recommend it to anyone.
Based on what again???............Oh yea, you bought one and think it works but have no idea how. I try not to take advice from people with their head stuck in the sand.........or elsewhere
Old 09-24-2006, 03:27 PM
Typical Buck

You're pathetic. Simple question - yes or no. Have you ever used Scentlok or Scentblocker. I already know you won't answer because you've never owned one. Where in any of my posts did I say I credited every deer I saw to the clothing I had on. You are the one slinging the condescending posts and putting words in that weren't said. Once again, as usual you show your non-integrity. How old are you? Give it a rest. I said I was completely satisfied with the product, same as the great majority that own them. You want to slam them. Feel free but why don't you try doing it without the quotes and insulting others. I should have put you on block a long time ago. No time like the present.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:45 PM

ORIGINAL: aeroslinger

You're pathetic. Simple question - yes or no. Have you ever used Scentlok or Scentblocker.
Yes........I have used the active ingredient in those products for many years. I have studied it's uses and limitations and witnessed them first hand in lab studies and procedures. Activated carbon does not change from product to product (except maybe surface area).

Simple question for you..........what is your educational and experience level with activated carbon?

I already know you won't answer
Wrong again.

Once again, as usual you show your non-integrity.
Coming from someone who cried about "personal attacks" and then called someone else a liar............that means Sooooooo much

I said I was completely satisfied with the product, same as the great majority that own them.
No one is forcing you to post here..........You like your suit and that is great......I couldn't care less either way. I am not trying to persuade anyone in either direction. I am simply trying to make sure people know the truth.........what they do with it is their business. You know the truth and it hasn't stopped your blind faith in advertising........Like I said "You can lead a horse to water.........." This is no different then any other product review IMO. People ask about Bows and are told on MANY occasions that the posted IBO speeds are not what people are seeing........People ask about broadheads and they are told that they are NOT razor sharp or they don't hold up well.........all contrary to advertising. Why should this be any different??

I'm sure it's no coincidence that the people who always get upset when the truth comes out about these suits are the ones who spent their money and took the bait without knowing the real truth. Like I said........the truth is the truth. I can't help it if it makes some people feel stupid.........think about all the people it will help avoid that feeling.

You want to slam them. Feel free but why don't you try doing it without the quotes and insulting others.
I still don't know what you feel "insulted" by............especially since you are the one tossing around implications of lies

I should have put you on block a long time ago. No time like the present.

Don't forget your ball.
Old 09-24-2006, 08:21 PM

Here is a little "heads up" for all the people out there who may be interested in such things.

In the 2006 Peterson's BOWHUNTING issue Greg Sesselmann (President and Founder of Scent-Lok is quoted as saying "We're not married to activated charcoal"............this seems to be awfully coincindental with the information that was included in Mr Michels article about patents running out and the increasing scrutiny of these products lately IMO.

If I was to make a prediction as to what the future holds for these suit makers I would say that in the NEAR future you will see them all move away from carbon and onto something they tout as being the next greatest thing............this way everyone forgets about carbon and fresh new patents can start all over again.........win-win situation........for them.

The article also states that in an attempt to disprove the negative comments about his product HE HIRED a firm to test his product. This is pretty much the worst bias to introduce.........big surprise when the company paying the bill gets favorable results...........that would be the equivalent of Pfizer paying for a study on Lipitor or Norvasc and the results being very favorable...........what a shock []

Interesting..........it's also interesting that he "discovered" the idea for scent-lok when working with it as a filter media for dry cleaning fluids.............something our very own Davidmil is very familiar with also if I remember correctly. Weird how some guys here dismiss David's thoughts as meaningless.......but put complete faith in a product spawned from that very same experience.

Weird.
Old 09-24-2006, 08:36 PM
Typical Buck

Off topic but what about the new Silver lined products?
Old 09-24-2006, 08:48 PM
Typical Buck

Yes........I have used the active ingredient in those products for many years. I have studied it's uses and limitations and witnessed them first hand in lab studies and procedures. Activated carbon does not change from product to product (except maybe surface area).
Nice answer. No, you've never used Scentlok or Scentblocker. My guess is you had a carbon water filter on your faucet.

I'm sure it's no coincidence that the people who always get upset when the truth comes out about these suits are the ones who spent their money and took the bait without knowing the real truth. Like I said........the truth is the truth. I can't help it if it makes some people feel stupid.........think about all the people it will help avoid that feeling.
I never said I felt stupid. That's your words and once again you come across with your crap. I might feel stupid if I had a fork horned buck in front of me and thought it was a doe.

Don't forget your ball.
I bet you thought that was really clever.

Love my scent clothes and will buy again. Highly recommend.