Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Horrible Night!!! >

Horrible Night!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Horrible Night!!!

Old 11-11-2005, 05:43 PM

Default Horrible Night!!!

Heres my night...
Started out at 315 to my stand. Have about a 1/2 mile walk to stand from atv. Walking to stand get within about 200 yards or so of it and in the corn field it is overlooking was 4 guys bird hunting with dogs. So my first stand choice is out the window. So now walking to stand #2 pretty POed right now because saw 2 nice bucks spar last night about 40 yards from this stand. So on to stand 2, i get there get set up and settled in. About 445 i see a nice 10 point come from the edge of the corn field that the bird guys had been in. I have not seen the bird hunters for some time now so i start with a little light rattle and get the bucks attention. He is looking over in my direction trying to locate the rattle and then KABBOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!! He drops in his spot. Then i see the bird hunters run to him and start to drag him. well 3 bird hunters the other had disappeared. Until i see the truck drive aross the field and they load the deer. In this time i am climbing down and trying to get a look at the licence plate. I was already dialing the local game warden to tell him. Well to finish up, i got with the game warden and he said he would keep an eye out for the description of the truck. all i could get from the licence plate was it was alabama. talk about miffed hopefully tomorow morning will be better.

mark

Old 11-11-2005, 05:48 PM

Default RE: Horrible Night!!!

Sounds like a better night then I had I was a work. What the heck did they shoot it with a slug or buck shoot? They must have had the intentions of poching one, I never have anythig over 6 shot when I am bird hunting.
Old 11-11-2005, 06:04 PM

I will not use the language that I would like to for this reply, I will just say that I hope your local game warden gets those M@#$r^&*()_c-\/.,`g ~{}+b_":h?><'s
Old 11-11-2005, 06:08 PM
Typical Buck

I'd of started launching arrows at the friggin idiots
Old 11-11-2005, 06:13 PM

"I'd of started launching arrows at the friggin idiots"

HAHAHA! I had some moron stalk hunt at 3 pm while I was on stand and a doe was 30 yards away...well the doe winded him and blew my hunt.

vashadowhunter
Old 11-11-2005, 06:22 PM

ORIGINAL: pjhunts

I'd of started launching arrows at the friggin idiots
Same here.