HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Horrible Night!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2005, 05:43 PM
mblb679

Default Horrible Night!!!

Heres my night...
Started out at 315 to my stand. Have about a 1/2 mile walk to stand from atv. Walking to stand get within about 200 yards or so of it and in the corn field it is overlooking was 4 guys bird hunting with dogs. So my first stand choice is out the window. So now walking to stand #2 pretty POed right now because saw 2 nice bucks spar last night about 40 yards from this stand. So on to stand 2, i get there get set up and settled in. About 445 i see a nice 10 point come from the edge of the corn field that the bird guys had been in. I have not seen the bird hunters for some time now so i start with a little light rattle and get the bucks attention. He is looking over in my direction trying to locate the rattle and then KABBOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!! He drops in his spot. Then i see the bird hunters run to him and start to drag him. well 3 bird hunters the other had disappeared. Until i see the truck drive aross the field and they load the deer. In this time i am climbing down and trying to get a look at the licence plate. I was already dialing the local game warden to tell him. Well to finish up, i got with the game warden and he said he would keep an eye out for the description of the truck. all i could get from the licence plate was it was alabama. talk about miffed hopefully tomorow morning will be better.

mark