Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 HORRIBLE DAY!!!!!!!!! >

HORRIBLE DAY!!!!!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

HORRIBLE DAY!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-01-2006, 07:17 PM

Default HORRIBLE DAY!!!!!!!!!

Well i think today was probably the worst day ever! I went out to check my Cuddeback, and i pulled off the cover to find a nest of ants. There had to be 10,000 ants inside of my camera. I pulled it off of the tree and brought it home and the card was full of blank pictures! I think the ants fried my camera, all i was hoping for was to get some pictures of some fawns and now i have no camera. I sprayed some home defense ant killer around the camera while it was on the ground in my drive way, i didn't get any on the camera. All the ants came out and died. So i put the batteries back in and the card and it just takes a picture every minute without even being triped. At this point i think i am up a creek without a paddle cause i cant afford a new cam, and i am not sure what cuddeback is going to say about this, i am calling them tommorrow. These things are supposed to be sealed up so no bugs get in right????
Old 06-01-2006, 07:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: HORRIBLE DAY!!!!!!!!!

Good luck with that. Hopefully Cuddeback will have an answer. I know first hand what ants and ant urine/def can do because I work for a telephone co. and ants invade alot of our equipment. I hope you the best of luck. That is a shame.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

that sucks. i have never heard of that happening. i thought they were sealed to they keep the rain out so why not the bugs ?
Old 06-01-2006, 07:28 PM

You've reminded me to go check my camera tomorrow.

Hope yours is ok.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:30 PM

Hopefully they will allow you to trade in for a similar model. Never had camera problems but I have had defective fishing reels that they allowed me to trade in... It depends on the company
Old 06-01-2006, 07:39 PM

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

You've reminded me to go check my camera tomorrow.

Hope yours is ok.

Man MO i really hope the best to you when you go and check it. I thought my eyes were going to pop out of my head when i seen them... I am going to try to be nice to Cuddeback tommorrow but if they say there is nothing they can do about it i am going to get nasty.
Old 06-02-2006, 05:23 AM
Dominant Buck

see if the company will do anything for you. If they won't attempt to fix it yourself. If it's taking pictures on it's own it's probablygot a short init somewhere do to the ants or the juck you killed them with.It shouldn't be hard to do.

good luck!
Old 06-02-2006, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

That sucks!!! I went out to the woods a couple weeks ago and took my digital camera with me (ya never know what your gonna see) we had so much rain that the river was higher then normal. I was going to take a photo and my camera was not in my pocket. I looked all the way back to the truck and coulden't find it so I figured I left it in the truck no camera there. I saw somthing shinny in the river and yep my camera. It must have fallen out of my pocket when I jumped the river. Now they want $75.00 just to look at it. I paid $300.00 for it so I don't know if its worth it I could give them $75.00 and they tell me its toast.