Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Harvesting vs Killing >

Harvesting vs Killing

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Harvesting vs Killing

Old 09-27-2005, 08:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Harvesting vs Killing

Those of you that want others to have to accept the way that you refer to things in my opinion are making a mistake.Is it more important that they know that you killed it,you smoked it,you whacked it,you double lunged it,you popped it's bags etc..Or do you spend a little bit of time with them and explain your ethic's and that you and your family consume what you kill.Forcing any one to see something your way most often is a mistake.A little bit of discretion and all of a sudden more of the non hunters are saying hey this guy is a decent guy and all of a sudden I'm on their prime land killing(or shall I say harvesting theunpressured deer that rome their acreage)
My ultimate goal is to bring more of the on the fencers to our side and in the process if some new area's open up for me well thank you very much mr. and mrs. non hunter that is very kind of you!
Old 09-27-2005, 08:26 PM
Fork Horn

Who in the gosh darn blazes do these uppity folks think they are with their fancy two syllable words?

And these state wildlife agencies releasing those so called H-A-R-V-E-S-T reports when they could just as simply call them dead deer reports.

The whole idea that people are concerned about effective communication makes me so mad I could just scream!

Flame away.

[/align]
Old 09-27-2005, 08:31 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

I'ver put thousands and thousands of acres of crop through a combine.I've yet toharvested a deer. They ran to damn fast!! Now a skunk on the other hand, I've harvested a few of them... by God it isn't pretty,glad the cab isfairly air tightand something I would rather avoid. Much rather kill them by other means and being up wind

Deer are to be killed. Crops are to beharvested!! I dont go Nuge when telling someone I killed a deer no matter who they are but they know I killed it.

Tim
Old 09-27-2005, 09:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Murder's for humans..killin's for critters

Bye the bye...I generally don't talk of my hunting religion with folks who are detached from nature. If I don't know them and that they share my religion, I might mention that I enjoy a little hunting and that's it, if it comes up in conversation. If I do talk of it, I say how much I enjoy being in nature and the time I spend with family and friends in the woods. I save my detailed hunting tales for those I know will appreciate it. No sense talking about it to the detached Nirvanians...none at all.