Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Anyone tried harvesting buck pee? >

Anyone tried harvesting buck pee?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Anyone tried harvesting buck pee?

Old 09-23-2008, 04:06 PM

Default Anyone tried harvesting buck pee?

I saw on a huntin' show that some company makes a kit that enables you to harvest pee from a fresh killed deer, any one ever used it? Do you have your own method of harvesting deer urine? Makes a lot of sense to me, maybe a syringe and clean bottle would work.

ROLL TIDE - WHIP THEM DAWGS
Old 09-23-2008, 04:56 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Anyone tried harvesting buck pee?

I don't know what the point would be, human urine works about as well. If you need some for a scrape, you can thus just make your own.

Bob
Old 09-23-2008, 04:58 PM
Typical Buck

if i were to do it i would just take a syringe and a larger gauge needle and insert into bladder and suck the remaining urine out of the bladder once you down a deer. although it seems to me that many of my deer release most if not all of their urine after i shoot them
Old 09-23-2008, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: LeftyBuckmaster

if i were to do it i would just take a syringe and a larger gauge needle and insert into bladder and suck the remaining urine out of the bladder once you down a deer. although it seems to me that many of my deer release most if not all of their urine after i shoot them
I've noticed that too.
Old 09-23-2008, 05:32 PM

i agree with rober l E..check out this link and read about how this guy uses his own urine

http://www.fastestbows.com/articles/TWF/synthetic_deer_lures.html
Old 09-23-2008, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I tried but I couldn't get him to stop. I think he was afraid I was gonna shoot him.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:25 AM
Spike

My buddy and me always get the pee from the deer. Doe or buck. We gut the deer back at my barn, so it is easy to extract. We use it as cover sent. Right or wrong, we have not been made by a deer.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:22 PM
Fork Horn

I've been doing this for years, with bucks and does.I take two 35mm film cannisters to the field (they're waterproof). I don't use a syringe or anything. After the deer is gutted, I find the bladder, follow the tube down a bit and cut it. I then just squeeze the bladder while aiming the tube in the film cannisters.

I refrigerate it andcut it with water (50/50) to make it last longer, and take it to the field in a squirt bottle. I only cut what I transfer into the squirt bottle, and then onlywhen I'm ready to take it out.Any excess at the end of the season, I freeze.

Some deer have little or no urine. A few years ago I killeda button buck, his bladderwas so full there was no way it was gonna fit into two film cannisters. I cut the tube leaving a generous length, then tied it off with string and took the bladder and all. It was a little bigger than a baseball, getting to softball size.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Like "usmc1978" , I have been recovering deer pee from the bladders of both bucks and doe that I have killed (or others have killed) for years. Probably since about 1975. I use a large syringe to draw out the urine. I filter it through a standard coffee filter into a glass pint jar. My thinking is that this filtering removes coagulated blood droplets or hair and debris that might other wise contaminate the urine. What I collect as the season goes along I use as needed, keeping it in the fridge, and freeze any that remains after the season ends. Well marked jars I might add !!!

I use it mainly for drag-rags, but also will use it to make mock scrapes and to "warm up" real scrapes. I also remove, save and use the tarsal areas of bucks if those areas are "rank". I use these to rub limbs at or near mock scrapes or the real scrapes .... and sometimes hang one out away, to the side and well in front of my from my stand, positioned so that I can see it and where the "aroma" will waft down wind. Over the years I have had many doe and a hand full of decent bucks ease in obviously looking for the source of the scent, or even following the laid down rag trail. Once had a bob-cat trail me directly to my ladder stand, right on the rag-line. Neat.