Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 how is killing a deer any worst then killing a cow >

how is killing a deer any worst then killing a cow

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

how is killing a deer any worst then killing a cow

Old 09-14-2007, 04:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default how is killing a deer any worst then killing a cow

i have been told that the differents from hunting and farming cows for meat is the cow is kill quickly and humanly does anyone know how they end the cows mooing before the turn it into hamburger and is it any better or worst then the normal hunting kill
Old 09-14-2007, 04:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: how is killing a deer any worst then killing a cow

Bigtim,
Where are you from?
Old 09-14-2007, 04:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Those that say how quick and humane killing livestock is have never been to a slaughterhouse. I have, and you can see the fear in their eyes. Then they (cows) are put into the stalls with their heads secured and hit with the pneumatic bolt in the head. This doesn't kill them it just disorients them. Then the blade comes and ends it all.

Smaller livestock don't get the stall, they get chained up and hung before they get the bolt.

If I had my choice I'd take an arrow to the boiler room that I didn't know was coming and by the time I realized what happened I was just about gone over being prodded through a maze and into a stall where my head was stabilized (like in a guillatine) or hung by my feet so I can take a bolt to the head before having my throat cut. That's just me though.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

No different...Only reason we eat hamburger instead of deer burger is that our ancesters couldn't catch a deer....If they could have, we would all be big cow hunters.....

If a hunter takes a good ethical shot, its over before the animal knows it...

I have often said that I hope I die as quickly as the deer I kill....Most of us won't, have you ever thought of that....Remember that poor lady they starved in FL a couple of years ago, I believe her name was Shively...God bless her....
Old 09-14-2007, 04:39 PM

How does this site get infiltrated with PETA? These mis-informed, cry-baby, just wanna complain about anything, idiots, start these myths that hunting is so horrible and give us a bad name. They come on this site and can't even spell, it is all a plan to make hunters look bad by making them look stupid and unintelligent with the statements and mis-spelling.

Go to a slaughter house jack ass, the cattle is more or less still alive as it's butchered. A deer is usually dead in less than ten seconds. These dumb ass hypocrites just want to bitch and have no idea what their argument is. It's all ok to eat beef or pork b/c it came from the grocery store, where it's all packaged nice and neat. Well it doesn't grow all wrapped up in freezer paper numb nuts!! these people should get off their lazy asses and go hunt some real meat that is actually healthy and not full of fat, hormones,and disease. Oh that's right, that commercial meat in the store, those animals are pumped with drugs, and hormones to insure fast and large growing. And that goes for all of the products, meats, eggs, poultry, milk, etc. Also, your store bought ground beef, it's mostly leftovers. That includes tumors and whatever else is growing on the animal, and don't even get me started about the fast food chains with their "Grade D" meats.

First, true sportsmen don't KILL, they hunt and harvest their game. Second, if they are out there just to kill, then they are not hunters and sportsmen, they are animal killers!

The simple fact is that it is cheaper (that's right is' all about the almighty dollar) to stab a cow in the head with a dull aluminum rod. True, it is much more effective to put a ten cent bullet in the brain, BUT that is ten cents per cow now and that adds up, the pneumatic rod is retractable and hits every cow that is pushed in through the hydraulic shoot.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:58 PM
Typical Buck

Relax there Pat! I know this is a sore subject for all of us but you didnt read the original post right. I dont think BigTim is PETA at all. He is just simply asking how a cow is killed and the diffrence between that and a deer harvest.
Old 09-14-2007, 05:51 PM

Sorry, my apologies. I did not mean to imply that BigTim was PETA. Just that there is a significant effort to dismantle the sport of hunting. I believe that as hunters we need to be careful of how we word things. We are carefully scrutinized by the majority, which is non hunters. There are too many misinformed people out there and it is only a matter of time before our hunting privileges are revoked. Again, my apologies if I offended any one other than members of PETA.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:06 PM
Typical Buck

Don't apologise Pat. You're right. Why would a "hunter" post such a stupid question as to the difference of harvesting a deer to slaughtering a cow? If you ask that question, you're not a hunter. Sorry.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:19 PM
Fork Horn

A deer vs. cow is no different!! Do those stupid peta people understand or think what a carrot feels like when it gets pulled from it's home in the earth and swallowed!!! tossed around in a salad??? Can't be good!
Old 09-14-2007, 07:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

i have been told that the differents from hunting and farming cows for meat is the cow is kill quickly and humanly does anyone know how they end the cows mooing before the turn it into hamburger and is it any better or worst then the normal hunting kill

You be the judge! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74USdnMMJEA
Warning it's graphic! I'd rather do it with my bow.

Quick Reply: how is killing a deer any worst then killing a cow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.