Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Are there any boots in the world that can keep your feet warm all day???!!!??? >

Are there any boots in the world that can keep your feet warm all day???!!!???

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Are there any boots in the world that can keep your feet warm all day???!!!???

Old 11-30-2003, 06:13 PM

Default RE: Are there any boots in the world that can keep your feet warm all day???!!!???

Steve- Head right over to Ebay and type in Bunny Boot in the search. Holy crap those are good prices. We cough $75 to $100 for a pair up here. I wear size 10 danners and other boots, but I wear a 9 in the Bunny Boots. These are a no B.S. boot. They are warmer than warm, your feet may sweat but they will NEVER get cold in Lower 48 temps. They are a bit clunky but you get used to it. Another neat feature is no liner, it' s sealed between the outer and inner rubber. You can fill the boot with water, stop and pour it out, wring out your socks...put your feet back in and you are warm again.
Old 11-30-2003, 06:38 PM

Default RE: Are there any boots in the world that can keep your feet warm all day???!!!???

It sounds like many agree to use a polypropelene liner sock uder a pair of wool socks. That is what I have used for years now. I have Rocky Rubber boots with 1000 gram insulation that I use down to about 30 degrees. If I hunt in colder weather I throw on a pair of boot blankets. Also if your foot is cramped in your boot air cant circulate to wick away moistur and to insulate as well.
Old 12-02-2003, 06:57 AM
Fork Horn

I froze my feet as a kid and will struggle with cold feet forever. This year I added chemical " toe warmers" to my arsenal and they worked vey well. I walk a mile to my stand through the swamp so it is tough walking. I always get sweaty going in so I carry my outer clothes on my backpack. When I get to my stand I take my boots off to put my bibs on. That helps to get the mositure out of the boots and then I retie them very loosely. Wicking socks, wool socks, toe warmers, and LaCrosse pac boots let me sit for over 10 hrs in 20* weather. My dad used the same combo with his Rocky boots with the same success. Another critical step is to thoroughly dry your boots every night. Take out the liners and use a boot dryer if possible. Getting all of the misture out will make a huge difference in warmth the next day.
Old 12-02-2003, 06:28 PM

I wear Rocky Deerstalker Extremes. There expensive at $250 at Cabelas, but I was lucky and purchased them for around $140 in the Bargain Cave at the Cableas store in Michigan.

In early November I was bow hunting in the UP of Michigan and the morning temp according to my truck temp gauge was 8, and my the temp on my truck reads 1 or 2 degrees warmer then it actually is outside. I made it 3 hours in a treestand before getting down, and my feet still felt fine it was my hands that were causing me problems. I stll can't figure out how to keep my hands warm while bowhunting.
Old 12-04-2003, 07:49 AM

i waited a while to answer this post , once my feet get cold i'm done , i have a pair of rocky snowstalkers (the origial pak type) and a pair of bear paws or claws or whatever they call them , well on opening day this past monday when we left my house at 3 am it was 47 degrees so i wore the bear paws (rocky) well by 8 am the temp dropped and my feet started getting cold ,i was thinking ofheading back to the truck when i remembered my buddy had given me a set of those chemical feet warmers , so there i am in the woods taking off my boots to put those things in well it's a good thing i did ,because after they started warming up, i was able to hang in all day and i got a nice doe to boot ! and the things only cost a buck a set !
Old 12-31-2003, 05:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

u mite wanna try getting toe warmers if it is really cold out. put one everyday sock on each foot then put the toe warmer right across ur toes then put ur insulated sock on over them and it should keep u warm all day works for me
Old 12-31-2003, 06:39 PM

I GUESS I AM ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE THAT HAVE COLD FEET.I HAVE MILITARY MICKEY MOUSE BOOTS,LACROSSE 800 GRAM THINULATE.ROCKY ,HERMAN SURVIVORS AND HAVE USED SOREL AS WELL AS MANY OTHERS WITH NO LUCK.YES,I USE THE POLYPROPALENE WITH WOOL OVER THEM TO NO AVAIL.I AM A PURE STAND HUNTER AND STAY ON STAND 10-11 HOURS.THE ONLY WAY I CAN HANG IS TO USE A GROUND BLIND AND A BLACK CAT PROPANE HEATER.