Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Are there any boots in the world that can keep your feet warm all day???!!!??? >

Are there any boots in the world that can keep your feet warm all day???!!!???

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Are there any boots in the world that can keep your feet warm all day???!!!???

Old 11-20-2003, 09:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Are there any boots in the world that can keep your feet warm all day???!!!???

I wondered the same thing until one year while heading out west to Wyoming for a mule deer hunt we stopped at Cabelas. I looked at a pair of boot by Rocky called the Blizzard Stalker. They look alot like a pac boot. They have 1000 grams of thinsulate in them and are incredibly warm. A little bulky, but not bad at all. I wore them all week while hunting in 20 degree weather and my feet stayed warm and dry.

One thing I find that helps. Make sure you have plenty of room in your boots!! If you have a tight boot, circulation isn' t as good. You may not feel it until your toes start bitchin!!

I hunt in a lot of cold places. Wyoming, Cananda, Maine and Pennsylvania . So far, these boots have worked great.
Old 11-22-2003, 11:47 AM

Default RE: Are there any boots in the world that can keep your feet warm all day???!!!???

A pair of house slippers.....propped up on a stool in front of the fire place.
Old 11-25-2003, 10:13 PM

for really cold days purchase a pair of cabelas boot blankets they are great!
Old 11-27-2003, 08:32 PM
Typical Buck

well heres my 2 cents. i used to have the same problem with cold feet. man it can sure ruin a good day of hunting when sitting on the stand your feet are frozen and you have to come down to get them moving and recirculating. well someone has already hit on this remedy but not totally. Someone once told me to buy a 100% pair of polypropelene socks as a liner sock then place your favorite thick sock over them. the polypropelene wicks the moisture away from your feet. the bodys natural response to exertion is to sweat because as the sweat evaporates it causes cooling to occur. hence, you sweat in the summer to cool your body. if you do a lot of hiking then buy 100% poly under wear and this will save you from freezing also. but the key to keeping the rest of the body is by layering your clothing as well. my boot of choice is the lacrosse burly 800gr thinsulate. by using the 100% poly sock and a good thick sock over them with any of my hunting boots, my feet have yet to get cold. by the way the poly socks can usually be bought for about $6 - $7 dollars a pair. take note, do not dry in the dryer as it will melt your socks. always air dry them. hope this helps.
Old 11-29-2003, 12:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

As arkansasbowhunter just stated, get some polypropylene sock liners. I' ve used the liners for years now under wool socks. The polypropylene will wick the sweat away from your feet and into the wool--and the wool insulates even when wet. As far as boots, I' ve found pac boots with lots of thinsulate works for me.
Old 11-29-2003, 12:51 AM

The warmest boots on the face of the earth. U.S. Army surplus vapor barrier boots. Or what we call " bunny boots" in AK. I have spent entire days at -40F outside in these boots without one cold pinky toe.

30F??? I' m still wearing my un-insulated Danners
Old 11-29-2003, 07:19 PM

Here is some more information on my ultra warm Mukluks that I mentioned in a previous post. There is a Canadian company called Acton, they make a mukluk that is rated down to -103 F (!!!). They have a wool felt liner. Apparently a few years back they made some of these for a military contract, using a double wool liner made by the Raber Glove company, also of Canada, and that is the combination I was able to buy.

The Acton mukluks are available (with the felt liner) for around $215 Canadian
(about $160 US). If these don' t keep your feet warm then carry an electric blanket and a battery.
Old 11-30-2003, 05:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

AKDoug,
Do you have a source for those boots?
Thanks
Old 11-30-2003, 09:59 AM

Purcahse a good pair of moisturw wicking socks and look into Danner boot Company. These boots are rugged, waterproof, comfortable, and warm!!
Old 11-30-2003, 06:07 PM

Steve F..... I wish [:@] Whenever they show up at my local Army Surplus joint I pick up a pair every few years. They are in high demand up here in AK. There is actually a guy that brings them up from the states in the back of a trailer and sells the snot out of them every year. If you find a pair look for ones that are made by BETA. They will say BETA on them or have a little turtle trademark on the soul. They are usually better than the off brands.

Quick Reply: Are there any boots in the world that can keep your feet warm all day???!!!???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.