Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Enigma?

Old 10-20-2006, 10:22 AM
Typical Buck

Default Enigma?

So how's the Enigma working out for everyone that has purchased it? Just curious to hear some field results, mainly now that the leaves are starting to drop.
Old 10-20-2006, 10:50 AM

Default RE: Enigma?

One word could sum it all up. Super! Each and every time I step into the woods my Enigma continues to impress me. On numerous occassions I have had deer within 20 yards of me and never know I was there. They all seemed to look at me like they were "looking right through me." It is the best way I can think to describe it. 2 nights ago I had a button buck run into 10yards from me responding to a grunt call and stand there looking at me eye to eye and never knew I was there. He just casually walked away I have even snuck into 15 yds on a flock of turkeys, and the only reason they new I was there was I stepped on and broke a stick. I have a ton of stories just like this. It seems like I come home with another story like these every time I step into the field.

As far as quality and toughness of the clothing, I have used and abused mine on purpose and they still look as good as the day I got them. No fading at all. And this is through numerous washings (I normally wash my hunting clothes every other day) I have even worn my Enigma in the rain and can attest that it is extremely water resistant. I have permenently put away my rain gear because I see no need for it unless I'm in some kind of monsoon. I am currently working on a full report complete with test photos. So as they say on tv, stay tuned for more information. But so far I am nothing but impressed. Top notch custom made hunting clothes costing half that of those with the same quality in a camo pattern that truly works.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

I totally agree, I am truly impressed to this point with the results of wearing Enigma in front of deer, animals for that matter. I'm reading guys on here walking up on turkeys, even getting shots.

I personally have had excellent results and have not been picked out a single time thus far wearing Enigma. I've purposely moved, waved my arms at a maternal doe to see her reaction. I had to get down and she wouldn't leave. She looked at me when I moved, when I stopped, she looked away. I waved like a bird, she looked and when I stopped, she looked away. This was from 52 yards.

Two of us, two 200lb guys sitting side by side in an oak, 6 deer, 3 buck, a doe and 2 fawns 50 yards down wind, trying to find us, didn't...the doe looked up one time, looked away, never looked back.

Nothing but positive reactions from everyone I'm reading, zero busts so far.

Old 10-20-2006, 06:45 PM
Dominant Buck

Funny , but it looks just like Army issue 3 color desert camo in a different palette to me , and sometimes it looks like Predator without the hard contrast . Either way , it doesn't look all that special . Pass .
Old 10-22-2006, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

It doesn't matter what the pattern looks like to me and you unless you're trying to hide from someone while in the woods. What matters is what it looks like or doesn't look like to deer....right?
Old 10-22-2006, 12:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: kevin1

Funny , but it looks just like Army issue 3 color desert camo in a different palette to me , and sometimes it looks like Predator without the hard contrast . Either way , it doesn't look all that special . Pass .
K, you can pass, I could care less but it is special, the reviews are coming in with incredible stories from turkey to predators to deer, elk and bear not seeing it or ignoring it once they do look. Simply put, it works fantastically and I'm more impressed with each encounter I have while wearing it. Yesterday I had Red foxes come by my stand all day. I even took pics and never once spooked one, even when I intentionally got them to look at me either by moving or making sounds with my mouth. I got a glance, they never spooked or determined what I was. That's not easy to do with foxes. I've had them bolt immediately upon visual wearing other camos.

So, it's special, maybe not to you but to me, it's becoming more and more special with each experience. I'm happy to report that as it's all about testing it out, trying new things and seeing if they work. This camo DOES...

And the fabric, the most special on the market, Wolfskin is simply amazing. The features and product itself, special as well.

Old 10-22-2006, 03:24 PM

Well, I could go on and on, but I'll try to keep it brief. I've shot 2 doe this year, one from a distance of 12 yards. Never spotted. I've walked up on turkey, stalked turkey, and even missed a couple turkeys.......But that's not the camo's fault. Just this past weekend I was set up next to an open, brushy bottom field and had a 6 pointer merely 10 yards from my tree. Now, I like to be at least 20 feet high, but I just couldn't do it in this tree, so I was only 12 feet up. That buck NEVER knew I was on the planet. He never saw me. Also this weekend I had a flock of turkey approach my stand. I had to climb down to get them to leave, but the neat part is that I decended half way down the tree before they spotted me...All the while only 40 yards away.

Now, I know squirrels are pretty stupid and don't pay much attention anyway, but they even treat me differently on stand. You know how they are, they stare you down for a while, and may not spook, but always know something isn't right. Well, I've had them sitting on limbs 5 feet from me and just pay me no attention at all. It really is amazing. My confidence grows every time in the woods.

Also this past weekend it rained on us some Saturday evening. I never got wet. Now, I wouldn't expect that in an outright downpour, but it keeps you dry for quite a while. It sheds the wind very well and is just plain comfortable to wear. I simply couldn't be happier.
Old 10-22-2006, 03:39 PM

To all of ya'll that don't think it "looks" good, I say this. You are right. It has very little shelf appeal, but who cares, really? I'm not the one I am trying to hide from. I am trying to hide from animals, and it works PERFECTLY at that. Unless you've worn an "open" pattern such as this, it really is hard to understand.
Old 10-22-2006, 03:53 PM

Just curious before I place my order. How does Wolfskin do in very warm weather? My bow season starts in september, with temps reaching 90 and high humidity.
Old 10-22-2006, 04:18 PM

FLOutlander, I can attest that in atleast 80+ degree temps I was still fairly comfortable wearing my Enigma. Being here in the Northeast we don't get that many 90 degree days in october if any. But there have been some Enigma users that used their Enigma Camo in the kind of temps you discribed, and they also stated they were very comfortable. One (Iamyourhuckleberry here on Huntingnet) even used it in the heat of Africa. You can see his photos of the 15+ animals he harvested while wearing Enigma in the Enigma Camo website. And to top it off he stalked most of the animals he got in africa including a Lioness. Maybe some of these guys will chime in and tell us more how the wolfskin handles the heat and humidity. Also keep in mind there is a 3D suit in the works.

Quick Reply: Enigma?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.