Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Enigma?

Old 10-23-2006, 09:30 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Enigma?

I never said it doesn't work I just said it is hyped up waaaaaay to much on this forum. I know this because I don't get busted in my como, so why would I switch to enigma. Camo isn't that bigofthing for me while bow hunting, it's my equiptment, my accuracy, techniques and scent control. You emigma guys act like this is a huge factor in your hunts. People are just starting to get caught up in the hype of products now days and are getting away from what really matters in hunting.

I snuck up on my biggest buck (130 class)to date in a blue flannel shirt, at 5 yards in a wooded fence line and killed him an he never knew I was there. Like I said it's not the camo you wear that makes you a good bowhunter or that makes you invisible in the woods it's your techniques.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:47 AM

the pattern looks interesting...but i'm really turned off by the "home shopping network" style that ahs been pushed, i feel that if i buy it i should get a free Ginsu!!.....wolfskin is great stuff, and the pattern looks good, jsut turned off.
Old 10-23-2006, 10:57 AM

Sorry if these posts have come over like the HSN, we are just trying to share our successes with the other hunters on this board. We could keep Enigma all to ourselves if you like. It is no different that the posts about these great new broadheads, or the posts people make about this or that brand of bow. I don't think anyone claimed Enigma Camo was the so-called silver bullet for killing a deer or any other animal for that matter. What i'm saying is that it can help increase your odds when used in conjunction with proper scent control practices, having properly tuned equipment, and your woodsmanship skills. Camo and concealment does and will always play a factor in having a successful or unsuccessful hunt. Can you kill an animal wearing a neon blue shirt and hot pink pants? Yes, but can you consistantly go out in that sort of attire and harvest animals? I don't think so. All i'm saying is that it is a good, well made product that actually works. I've been a member of this forum for a few years now and if my memory serves me correctly this used to be the board to come talk about ASAT and more recently Predator and i've seen the same things said about them when they are talked about.
Old 10-23-2006, 02:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm a hunter first and foremost and I'lldo most things that arelegal, and ethical to increase my odds in the woods. Whether I'm shooting my Trykon, recurve, Ruger .280, or my Canon camera I'm going to do my best to conceal myself and put myself in as many "opportune" situations as possible.

Now, if you want to wear a Sponge Bob outfit into the woods, that's your perrogative and I probably won't stop you.

Mikey S.-- To answer your question, my experiences with this clothing have been excellent. Itoo have been in situations that have fooled deer, turkey, and coyotes. Also as small/unimportant as this may seem, squirrels literally don't realizeI'm there even when I'm still hunting or stalking. If you would likehear more personal or in depth occurrences feel free to PM me and I'll share them with you.

The one occurrence that I would like to share, has nothing to do with animals at all. I killed the second of two does a little over a week ago.I gave my blouse to my buddy to carry while I dressed it and carried it out. Long story short, my BDU Blouse got left on thetwo-track road when we went back to camp. This wouldn't have been such a big deal except for the fact that both my digital camera and rangefinder were in the pockets... and it was raining. I made the 30 minute drive back out, but was unable to find the jacket in the downpour. I wrote the camera and rangefinder off for good (it's funny how a $100 jacketgainsimportancewhen you have $600 dollars of optic/electronics in it). The next morning my hunting partner found my jacket on our path out of the woods. My camera and range finder were completely fine. The lenses were foggy from the humidity but there was no water damage at all. With the exception of my raingear, I don't have any other clothing that would have allowed for the same results.
Old 10-23-2006, 03:38 PM

Now, if you want to wear a Sponge Bob outfit into the woods, that's your perrogative and I probably won't stop you.
Now.....how did you know I have Sponge Bob pj's???? (honestly, I do [&:])
Old 10-23-2006, 03:40 PM

I never said it doesn't work I just said it is hyped up waaaaaay to much on this forum
Then do like I do w/ all the tracking question threads, all the "Which Bow" threads and the like.......DON'T READ THEM......I respect and understand your opinion, but why talk down about it instead of just ignoring it?
Old 10-23-2006, 09:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: tschammel

I snuck up on my biggest buck (130 class)to date in a blue flannel shirt, at 5 yards in a wooded fence line and killed him an he never knew I was there. Like I said it's not the camo you wear that makes you a good bowhunter or that makes you invisible in the woods it's your techniques.
I believe this because a flannel shirt acts as an open pattern camouflage. Deer don't see the blue and the contrast made it an open pattern.

tsch, I've tried them all and your right, if you sit still, it doesn't matter but the thing is, I don't sit still, I'm glassing, I'm standing, I'm sitting, I'm figiting and like 90% of all bowhunters, I'm moving in my stand especially when I have to stand and draw, that's when good camo is worth it weight in gold.

I've worn them all, and it's the open patterns that have proved themselves over all others in all my experiences. That's not hype, that's fact.

You don't need it, your experienced enough to kill deer in anything you choose to wear but not everybody is made the same and if it gives someone else an edge, why would you want to discredit it (because it's working) to anyone else that might be interested. It's obvious your not going to change the mind of the users already, why deter anyone else that might be interested. I see your reply as pointless, opinion allowed, just pointless.

And don't forget, Enigma is not only an effective camo, it's an incredible product of the best materials, it's all win, win.
Old 10-23-2006, 10:38 PM

I'd like some good pictures of Enigma at work. Have you seen the pictures on the Enigma website? Those pictures don't do any favors for the pattern. How does this work now that there isn't any 'green' in the woods anymore?
Old 10-24-2006, 05:56 AM
Typical Buck

How do you know you're not getting busted in your camo? Maybe they are busting you so soon, from so far away that you never know they are there to begin with.

ORIGINAL: tschammel

I never said it doesn't work I just said it is hyped up waaaaaay to much on this forum. I know this because I don't get busted in my como, so why would I switch to enigma. Camo isn't that bigofthing for me while bow hunting, it's my equiptment, my accuracy, techniques and scent control. You emigma guys act like this is a huge factor in your hunts. People are just starting to get caught up in the hype of products now days and are getting away from what really matters in hunting.

Old 10-24-2006, 01:16 PM
Typical Buck

I have had amazing results.Like stated before game seems to look through you, not at you. I was stalking a flock of turkeys and I was stuck without any cover.I watched this flock for over an hour with nothing working in my favor. It was misting out and I was in the wide open on my knees,so with nothing left up my sleeve to try to stick a bird, I just stood up and started walking towards them. I got within 30 yards before they ever knew I was there. They did not run off or fly they just walked back into the woods. I have had several small bucks within 15 yards of me this year and not a one of them picked me off. I agree with keeping you dry also, I sat out in a light rain/mist for over an hour and was completely dry underneath my Enigma. People always amuze me by saying it looks like crap or what is so special about that. Read up on how game animals see and and then answer your own questions. This camo pattern is the real deal.

Quick Reply: Enigma?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.