Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Enigma?

Old 10-25-2006, 04:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Enigma? (now W/Test Photos)

Buckeye that is correct for their daylight vision, but in lowlight situationsdeer can only see in b/w (monochromatic vision).
Here's hoping that tschammel was hunting in daylight conditions and not at nightin hisblue flannel

I saw no reason to point out a deers night time vision as all legal deer hunting (that I know of) takes place from dawn to dusk.

Old 10-25-2006, 04:41 PM

I just thought i'd point it out. I assumed you knew that Buckeye. I figure Rob got his wires crossed when he posted that.[8D]I'm pretty sure he knows what colors deer can and can't see. RIGHT ROB!!! I gotta remember to bust on him for that one
Old 10-25-2006, 06:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

Buckeye that is correct for their daylight vision, but in lowlight situationsdeer can only see in b/w (monochromatic vision).
Here's hoping that tschammel was hunting in daylight conditions and not at nightin hisblue flannel

I saw no reason to point out a deers night time vision as all legal deer hunting (that I know of) takes place from dawn to dusk.

Right PA, and Buck, still the point is still set, the blue blended in as an open pattern and the B&W photos are not strictly night vision, it's low light conditions when most of the success are derived from, early morning and last light.
Old 10-25-2006, 07:10 PM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

Right PA, and Buck, still the point is still set, the blue blended in as an open pattern and the B&W photos are not strictly night vision, it's low light conditions when most of the success are derived from, early morning and last light.

Ah I see Master Miyagi! Your point becomes clear to me.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:02 PM

I shot a doe two weeks ago, and I asked her what colors she saw......Would you believe I got NO answer?? I thought that was rather rude....LOL....just teasin guys, just teasin....

The truth is, I have NO idea what colors deer see, or don't see. Science can make an educated guess, but there is no way to know for certain. But what I DO know....FOR CERTAIN, is this stuff works.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:08 PM

Too Funny mobowhuntr!!! ROTFL
Old 10-25-2006, 08:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

As a buddy of PA Hardwoods, I guess I gotta put my two cents in........

I have no doubt this pattern will be effective. However.........I am still struggling to understand what makes it great. PA, the photos you posted (nice work btw) clearing show your outline. At least to me anyway. My understanding with these "open" patterns is that they are supposed to destroy the outline first, then blend in. To me, this pattern is creating a light colored sillouette with no contrast.

I would really love to do a head to head with it and my Predator Fall Brown for a comparison. Not to prove a point, but to give it an honest to goodness test and to hopeful improve on a very promising product.