Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Enigma?

Old 10-22-2006, 04:25 PM

Default RE: Enigma?

I've worn it in mid 80's weather and it's comfortable. I will admit, however, that in high heat and humidity it may be warm......BUT....what isn't?? [8D] That's just miserable.
Old 10-22-2006, 04:33 PM

I had another, What I'm calling an "Enigma Encounter" yesterday while hunting. I had a yearling doe show up and feed around my stand within 20yards for over 1 1/2 hrs, even passing directly under my ladder stand twice, and on top of that while this deer was feeding at 10yds from my stand I had a flock of turkey pass directly under my ladder stand also. Later on in the afternoon this same flock of turkeys came back through to go to their roost and passed at 10yds from me again. The best part was these animals never ever knew I was there. While the deer was feeding at 15yds I decided to do a test to see how much movement I could get away with like Rob did and started waving my arms around, not flapping them like a bird but just moving them around and the deer never noticed me. This deer looked directly at me numerous times and never was alarmed at all. Like I said before My Enigma Camo continues to impress me every time I step into the woods, nothing but success stories here. Hereis aphoto from yesterday showing the deer I am speaking about. She is standing at about 7yds in this picture, Notice her mouth is open muching on those yummy acorns.

Old 10-22-2006, 04:34 PM

Here are the turkeys at about 20 yds after they passed me.

Old 10-22-2006, 05:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

So you mean you moved enough to raise your camera and take pictures of turkeys and they didn't spook? That's impressive and this stuff keeps amazing me.

Here's a redfox that came right to me to get a closer look after I stood and took a picture of him in my food plot. When he was under me I used the flash as you can see in his eyes and I talked to him and he still didn't bolt. Foxes never stick around, I was impressed.

Old 10-22-2006, 05:06 PM

Now that's Cool Rob! And yes I did move around enough to take my camera out of my pants cargo pocket and take about 10 pics of the turkeys and about that many if not more of the deer. And my digital camera makes a beeping noise that you can't turn off every time you take a pic and they still didn't spook!
Old 10-23-2006, 07:30 AM
Fork Horn

I think this Enigma stuff is getting to big of hype! I have never wore the stuff and I have had all these things happen to me that these enigma wear'ers do and I wear all different kinds of camo. If a deer is close by and you don't move you won't get busted, especially in a tree. These enigma wear'ers need to coolit and stop acting like this camo is the best thing out there. I mean look at PA hardwoods Avadar, does that look like anything in the woods.

Put me on the ground in my leafy wear and put an enigma guy on the ground I bet this time of year I blend in better.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:36 AM

tschammel, you are entitled to your opinion but I think you are dead wrong. Yes if you stay perfectly still up in a tree and animal will most likely not spot you, But I have had occurances where I was perfectly still and the wind was in my favor wearing my Realtree camo and I was still spotted. And if you read my previous posts I stated I was moving around enough to see if the deer would spot me. I have a small catalog of test photos I am compiling right now for a review of Enigma that shows that Enigma works and works well. Also how do you explain all of the success stories concerning Enigma, are they just a giant government conspiracy to bring down the BIG 2 camo companies. Come on, how do you know Enigma doesn't work if you haven't tried it?
Old 10-23-2006, 08:49 AM

There is no scent control built into the Enigma/Wolfskin stuff, is there?
Old 10-23-2006, 09:02 AM

Corvus you are right there is no scent control built in at this time, I wonder if there is any plans to do this in the future? I do wear either a scent-lok or scent-blocker liner suit underneath most times or even some xscent clothing and have strict scent control practices for myself.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:27 AM

I'd rather they didn't if it would increase the price, because I have no faith in Scent-Lok and the like, personally.

Quick Reply: Enigma?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.