HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Enigma?
Thread: Enigma?
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2006, 03:24 PM
mobow

Default RE: Enigma?

Well, I could go on and on, but I'll try to keep it brief. I've shot 2 doe this year, one from a distance of 12 yards. Never spotted. I've walked up on turkey, stalked turkey, and even missed a couple turkeys.......But that's not the camo's fault. Just this past weekend I was set up next to an open, brushy bottom field and had a 6 pointer merely 10 yards from my tree. Now, I like to be at least 20 feet high, but I just couldn't do it in this tree, so I was only 12 feet up. That buck NEVER knew I was on the planet. He never saw me. Also this weekend I had a flock of turkey approach my stand. I had to climb down to get them to leave, but the neat part is that I decended half way down the tree before they spotted me...All the while only 40 yards away.

Now, I know squirrels are pretty stupid and don't pay much attention anyway, but they even treat me differently on stand. You know how they are, they stare you down for a while, and may not spook, but always know something isn't right. Well, I've had them sitting on limbs 5 feet from me and just pay me no attention at all. It really is amazing. My confidence grows every time in the woods.

Also this past weekend it rained on us some Saturday evening. I never got wet. Now, I wouldn't expect that in an outright downpour, but it keeps you dry for quite a while. It sheds the wind very well and is just plain comfortable to wear. I simply couldn't be happier.