Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Wisker bisquit or drop away? >

Wisker bisquit or drop away?

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Wisker bisquit or drop away?

Old 10-10-2006, 08:29 PM

Default RE: Wisker bisquit or drop away?

I went from a Wisker Bisquit to a Trophy Ridge Drop Zone and would never go back. Then I found the Vital Bow Drop by Vital Bow Gear. This is one awesome dropaway rest. For some reason, you don't hear too much about them. They are a little pricy but worth it. Vist their site: www.vitalbowgear.com/arrow_rests.cfm
Alan
Old 10-12-2006, 11:10 AM

I shot a trophy taker fall away but I couldn't keep my arrow on it would fall off and make a little noise. I have since switched to the wb. one main reason I like it is because ther are no moving parts which equates to less things that can go wrong. my cousin had a fall away that wouldn't... well fall away. needless to say he went that day and bought a wb.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:18 PM
Spike

I shoot 3 inch groups at 20 yards. Not an impressive number but then again, that's with my bow horizontal to the ground. Do that with a dropaway.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:23 PM

i had wb and now bought a tr drop zone i picked up 10 ft per secwith the chrono reading and love it.and i can now shoot with quick spins and don't have to spen alot on vane due to getting ripped off from the wb.
anyone wants i have a new tr drop zone 3 pin camo with led light make offer.
Old 10-15-2006, 05:31 PM
cas

I use a WB and love the stupid thing compared to any rest I've ever used.

But.. it is hard on my fletching, and slows my already slow arrows some. But I gladly traded that for not having to worry about dropping arrows off the rest in the treestand. I've toyed with going to a drop away, but didn't want to give up the 360ยบ range of motion without loosing an arrow.

NOW that I've learned about the QAD and it's containment, I may be switching when the seasons done. My question is, what kind of noise do these things make? (not that my WB is quiet)
Old 10-18-2006, 01:56 PM

I've shot a Whisker Biscuit for three years. I have only had one vane torn up by it, and it was my fault because it wasn't on straight when it dried (I do my own fletching). Other than that, it has been flawless. I measured it at losing only 6-7 fps from a standard QuickTune two prong rest to a WB QS. If your vanes are being torn up, or you're losing more fps than I mentioned, then you do not have it set up correctly. Paper tune your bow. I'll bet that if your vanes are being torn up, you have a massive tear in the paper because the rest was not properly set up. Do not totally trust the guy at the bow shop. Paper tuning doesn't lie when it's done right.