Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Wisker bisquit or drop away? >

Wisker bisquit or drop away?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Wisker bisquit or drop away?

Old 09-18-2006, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Wisker bisquit or drop away?

If you are having problems ripping your vanes with the WB then there must be something wrong with the glue or something. I've been shooting my WB for 6 years now. I had one batch of bad vanes,they ripped off after 5-10 shots.After replacing themI have had ZERO vanes ripped and yesterday was shooting the last arrow left of my original dozen 6 years ago. It shot right with my brand new ones though the white. If you don't like broadheads cutting the WB bristles then do as I do and load it backwards, nock first and you will never have that problem, or replace it with the newer style WB for easy loading. No reason to spend money on a new rest if you don't need one, it could go to boots, scent, gloves, facemask, broadheads.....
Old 09-18-2006, 10:32 PM

I've had my whisker biscut for about 2.5 years. I've never had to replace a vane. I love mine, but my cuz just got a drop away and likes it.
Old 09-19-2006, 04:01 AM

Ditto on the WB. I've used one for the last 3 seasons...the old style. I never had a problem with my BHs cutting the whiskers. Now that I've bought a new bow, I have installed a Quick Shot WB and still, no damage to vanes. As far as speed goes, I doubt that the difference in speed between a WB and a Drop Away is enough to worry about. Anyone have any Chrony numbers? I'm guessing between 5 and 7fps. In the end it's up to you. Both rests will do well if properly tuned.

Regards,
Axel
Old 09-19-2006, 07:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

FLOutlander, How do you like your S-coil? I'm thinking of picking one up. Did you notice a difference in vibration or sound right away?
Old 09-22-2006, 04:54 PM

wb..i love it..don't think i'll ever change..quiet draw, didn't notice any arrow speed lost..(very minor)..i shoot quiet often and it's a lil tough on fleches,but man i love this thing..i shoot deer from the from the ground or treestand as close as 8 yds..to 35 yrds ,.no fuss..but, it's really personal prefrence..
Old 09-23-2006, 06:43 AM

I've used the WB for the last 3 sesons and love it.
Old 09-23-2006, 06:57 PM

I also have a WB and blazers . the blazers are not coming off it is just leaving black marks on the blazers . I'm going to switch to a drop away just not sure wich one yet
Old 09-23-2006, 09:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

oh no....not again

Throw those whisker dooos and them dropper awayers in the trash and toss em off yr Knuckel!!...
Old 09-24-2006, 11:54 AM

I've been shooting the whisker biscuit for4 years! Quick Tune/Nap prior to this. I do miss shooting my carbon tech Rhino's with helical 5 inch vanes however. NAP 2000 RG seems to be one to try. I have seen many drop's type rest dropped from mechanical failure tuning problem etc... over the years of 3D shoots. Latest one, was set without a string on cable. Dropped from the twang of the string, sound/vibration or pressure set it off I guess. At the end of the shoot, Matthad seen wear marks where as the shaft/blazers where making contact, like not dropping quick enough! I will check into the NAP 2000 RG. I have always liked there product and quality.
Old 09-24-2006, 05:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

make the sqitch to a drop away you won't be sorry . Nothing to interfear with your arrow or fletching

Quick Reply: Wisker bisquit or drop away?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.